THE match of the day in the Worcester and District League Saturday Division One saw Worcester Raiders avenge their previous defeat at the hands of fellow title challengers Arrow 2000.

After a nightmare 11-2 reversal in their previous game, Raiders responded with a 3-0 win in the rematch with Ben Harborne (2) and Josh Homans on target for Raiders, who replace Arrow at the head of the table.

Elsewhere, Powick won 4-3 at Newtown Sports, Lee Barmby scoring twice for Powick, while Newtown’s goals came from Lewis Platt, Brad Morton and Oliver Garfield.

In the other match played in the division, Red Lion beat the University of Worcester 5-2.

Division Two leaders Sylla suffered their first defeat of the season, crashing to a shock 6-3 reversal at Foregate.

Pete Jeynes hit a hattrick for Foregate with Scott Stevens, Jamie Waugh and Daniel Baker also on the scoresheet.

Frozen pitches caused the vast majority of Sunday League matches to be postponed with only four games surviving.

In the Premier Division, Callow End drew 2-2 with Coppertops as John Greenwood and Paul Winfield were on target for Callow End, while James Cale and Jon Mann replied for Coppertops.

Anchor Falcons won their Division Three local derby at Malvern Rangers 6-1.

James Lush netted four times for the winners with Sam McDowell adding a brace.

Worcester Lynx maintained their promotion challenge thanks to Dan Gilliam and Luke Bailey, who both bagged a brace as they thumped West Midland 7-0.

However, Lynx’s victory was soured when Gilliam was taken to hospital with a suspected broken leg.

Worcester City Wanderers moved to the top of Division Four with a 3-1 win at Pillar of Salt Korono.

Lloyd Jones, Jordan Powell and Tom Tandurella found the net for Wanderers with Connor Grant on target for the home team.

Brewers Athletic and The Bell are through to the quarter- finals of the Worcestershire FA Sunday Minor Cup.

Brewers defeated Bredon 5-3 with goals from James McKee (2), Todd Richardson, Shane Wade and John Griffiths.

A single strike from Adam Kite gave The Bell victory over PPR Sporting.

However, Upton Snodsbury’s interest in the Sunday Premier Cup was ended after they went out 4-2 on penalties following a 2-2 extra-time draw with Bromsgrove General La Coruna.