Gove fails to find answers over missing Worcester head teacher

Malvern Gazette: BLANK: Gove failed to find or make public answers BLANK: Gove failed to find or make public answers

PARENTS have been left disappointed after Education Secretary Michael Gove failed to reveal answers about a Worcester academy’s missing head teacher.

In January, your Worcester News challenged Mr Gove to find answers to the riddle of Ange Beddow’s absence from Perry Wood Primary School.

But the minister has not revealed the situation behind Mrs Beddow’s absence.

Reporter Tom Edwards asked if Mr Gove could get to the bottom of the mystery after parents complained they still had no answers about why Mrs Beddow was not at school.

Mr Gove met political reporter Tom at Bishop Perowne Performing Arts College and Gorse Hill Primary, on Friday, January 10, where he threw down the gauntlet, demanding answers on behalf of mums and dads.

The minister admitted his shock over the situation at Perry Wood – which has seen popular head Mrs Beddow be away from the school since early December – and vowed he would try to sort out the stand-off and get answers for parents.

When asked if he could get answers he replied: “Yes, absolutely we will. I didn’t know this had been going on at all and I am very grateful to you for bringing it to my attention.

“Absolutely, we will investigate it to find out what’s happened.”

However, a Department for Education statement released to your Worcester News failed to shed any further light on what has happened at the school.

The statement, released yesterday, said: “We are in contact with the Griffin Schools Trust about Perry Wood Primary. However, this is ultimately a matter for the Academy Trust who have assured us they will update parents and staff as soon as they can.”

Mrs Beddow was contacted at her home but again declined to comment and the Griffin Schools Trust was also contacted by telephone and email for an update but made no response made when your Worcester News went to press.

A mother with four children at the school, who declined to be named, said: “We have been told absolutely nothing. It is a shame that is all the education authority has been able to get out of them.

“It was them who used to run and decide what happened to our children.

Now they don’t seem to have any input. They can’t control what’s happening.

“They don’t seem to have any control or seem to care.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree