MPs hit out at "scaremongering" over European immigrants and urge Worcestershire to embrace them

Malvern Gazette: EU visa restrictions have ended on certain countries' citizens coming to the UK EU visa restrictions have ended on certain countries' citizens coming to the UK

MPs in Worcestershire say too much “scaremongering” has been going on in the debate about Romanian and Bulgarian migrants – saying the county has nothing to fear from them.

Visa restrictions on nationals from the two eastern European countries ended on New Year’s Day under EU rules.

The Government has refused to predict how many could come to the UK, lured by the prospects of better paid jobs. 

Conservative MPs in the county say there are concerns about the pressure they could put on schools and hospitals, but insist most of them will come to work, not rely on welfare.

Peter Luff, who represents Mid-Worcestershire, said: “The vast majority of Eastern Europeans who have already come here, like the Polish, come to work, not claim benefits.

“The café at Evesham railway station was closed for years and years until it was opened and operated again by a Polish migrant.

“I accept there is pressure on schools and hospitals, and an issue of cultural change in our communities – but we should welcome them.

Related links

“Nobody would leave these countries to live in a cold council estate in middle England, so some of this language being used is very concerning.

“We should embrace them in Worcestershire.”

Robin Walker, who represents Worcester said: “There is legitimate concern that large numbers coming to this country will put pressure on public services, but a lot of scaremongering is going on.

“The last Government didn’t think immigration was an issue and it’s right we ought to look at it, but I won’t say all immigration is bad, especially when you look at the number of British people abroad.

"I've said all along we need to renegotiate our deal with Europe and that's something we still need to look at."

Back in 2004, experts predicted only a few thousand Polish people would come to Britain when the borders opened up, but more than 500,000 arrived.

There are estimated to be just over 17,000 EU-born nationals living in Worcestershire, of which 287 are Romanian.

Some 117 students at the University of Worcester are Romanian, and temporary seasonal agricultural work is undertaken by several hundred of them every year in rural parts of the county.

Back in 2010 seven young Romanian children – some as young as nine – were found working on a farm in Kempsey, picking onions in freezing conditions without warm clothing.

West Worcestershire MP Harriett Baldwin said: “In the local economy there are already a lot of Romanian and Bulgarian seasonal agricultural workers and I know local farmers find them hard working and reliable and are keen to keep them on.

“However, we also need to make sure that we reform the benefit system to make work pay for local unemployed people and ensure that people come here to work rather than to claim benefits. That is part of what this Government is doing.”

 

Comments (33)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:20pm Fri 3 Jan 14

willing says...

What a hypocrite Harriett Baldwin is! I recently asked her what the advantage is for the UK in having an open door policy foisted on us by unelected Brussels bureaucrats. She obfuscated, then instead of giving a straight answer, referred to the million or so British people living and working elsewhere in Europe, but this is comparing apples with pears. There are wealthier British pensioners living in Europe, benefitting other European economies. There are those taking their brains and skills to benefit other economies, but A) they do not go to those countries looking for benefits, healthcare, education, and housing they lack in their own country do they?

Harriett boasts about eastern Europeans doing agricultural work, but since her government are scrapping the 60 year old SAW scheme, which has allowed immigrants to reside in the UK for up to 6 months, when working in the agricultural sector, farmers are going to have to further increase food prices, to cover the higher wages they will have to pay to attract agricultural workers back, because eastern Europeans are now able to enjoy working in any sector, thereby making it even more difficult for the million or so British unemployed young people to find jobs.

Harriett Baldwin and her political friends should realise they are paid by the British people to represent the British people, and not the people of eastern Europe. She and her friends should also explain how Britain can any longer call itself a democracy, when British people are denied a voice by those purporting to represent us
What a hypocrite Harriett Baldwin is! I recently asked her what the advantage is for the UK in having an open door policy foisted on us by unelected Brussels bureaucrats. She obfuscated, then instead of giving a straight answer, referred to the million or so British people living and working elsewhere in Europe, but this is comparing apples with pears. There are wealthier British pensioners living in Europe, benefitting other European economies. There are those taking their brains and skills to benefit other economies, but A) they do not go to those countries looking for benefits, healthcare, education, and housing they lack in their own country do they? Harriett boasts about eastern Europeans doing agricultural work, but since her government are scrapping the 60 year old SAW scheme, which has allowed immigrants to reside in the UK for up to 6 months, when working in the agricultural sector, farmers are going to have to further increase food prices, to cover the higher wages they will have to pay to attract agricultural workers back, because eastern Europeans are now able to enjoy working in any sector, thereby making it even more difficult for the million or so British unemployed young people to find jobs. Harriett Baldwin and her political friends should realise they are paid by the British people to represent the British people, and not the people of eastern Europe. She and her friends should also explain how Britain can any longer call itself a democracy, when British people are denied a voice by those purporting to represent us willing

3:05pm Fri 3 Jan 14

MrBenggo says...

Would you trust what MP's say,just look at the lies Cameron has spouted before the election during the election and after the election.
Would you trust what MP's say,just look at the lies Cameron has spouted before the election during the election and after the election. MrBenggo

7:02pm Fri 3 Jan 14

Poppasmurf says...

The Tories are spouting off in an attempt to cover up and divert attention from their total inaction on the matter of immigration. They continue to sit on their hands while immigration continues to soar. What happened to the "reducing immigration to the tens of thousands?" Cameron & Co will continue to allow the cheap labour to flood in as it suites their pals in big business.
The Tories are spouting off in an attempt to cover up and divert attention from their total inaction on the matter of immigration. They continue to sit on their hands while immigration continues to soar. What happened to the "reducing immigration to the tens of thousands?" Cameron & Co will continue to allow the cheap labour to flood in as it suites their pals in big business. Poppasmurf

12:28am Sat 4 Jan 14

Jabbadad says...

Well I have to agree with all the comments here. The reason that our local MP's are supporting free for all imigration is that their leaders are saying nothing and doing even less to address any fears that we the people of this country might have.
Cameron just walks around hoping that this all slips quietly through without the voters noticing his failure to do anything. The Tories as as bad if not worse than Labour since at least we know that Labour support open Door policies on immigration, while the Tories promise a PIE IN THE SKY vote, when it is too late.
THEY ARE ALL UNDESERVING OF THE PEOPLES TRUST ANY LONGER.
Well I have to agree with all the comments here. The reason that our local MP's are supporting free for all imigration is that their leaders are saying nothing and doing even less to address any fears that we the people of this country might have. Cameron just walks around hoping that this all slips quietly through without the voters noticing his failure to do anything. The Tories as as bad if not worse than Labour since at least we know that Labour support open Door policies on immigration, while the Tories promise a PIE IN THE SKY vote, when it is too late. THEY ARE ALL UNDESERVING OF THE PEOPLES TRUST ANY LONGER. Jabbadad

10:56am Sat 4 Jan 14

DOEPUBLIC says...

Shameful politicking. The Olympics ethos championed recently showed that the UK can be proud of celebrating all cultures.
Shameful politicking. The Olympics ethos championed recently showed that the UK can be proud of celebrating all cultures. DOEPUBLIC

11:02am Sat 4 Jan 14

DOEPUBLIC says...

http://www.thecitize
nstrust.org.uk/olymp
ic-spirit.html
http://www.thecitize nstrust.org.uk/olymp ic-spirit.html DOEPUBLIC

1:13pm Sat 4 Jan 14

PrivateSi says...

Foreign Labour Party & Liberal Demoncrat types hit out at SCARED PEOPLE... People SCARED and SCARRED by what the Foreign Labour Party did to our ALREADY HURT BRITISH CITIZENRY....

I WISH I could say the Globalism-loving types and open-borders lot (and their offshoring tax & labour chums) are correct in downplaying the effect of rampant globalism - BUT I CAN'T... We had a recession and various mass-layoffs under 80s & 90s Conservatives - which some communities never recovered from - followed by The Foreign Labour Government importing everybody and anybody, with almost NO OVERSIGHT, for over a DECADE... How to WRECK A NATION'S OWN...
Foreign Labour Party & Liberal Demoncrat types hit out at SCARED PEOPLE... People SCARED and SCARRED by what the Foreign Labour Party did to our ALREADY HURT BRITISH CITIZENRY.... I WISH I could say the Globalism-loving types and open-borders lot (and their offshoring tax & labour chums) are correct in downplaying the effect of rampant globalism - BUT I CAN'T... We had a recession and various mass-layoffs under 80s & 90s Conservatives - which some communities never recovered from - followed by The Foreign Labour Government importing everybody and anybody, with almost NO OVERSIGHT, for over a DECADE... How to WRECK A NATION'S OWN... PrivateSi

2:43pm Sat 4 Jan 14

Karl Hunderson says...

Never, ever trust anything a Tory says. Then again you can't trust anything the UKIP-BNP brigade spout either. One correspondent to the Malvern Gazette this week has again repeated the lie about mass migration from Romania and Bulgaria. He states that "all airlines are reportedly fully booked" when it has been blatantly apparent that no such thing was true. All rather embarrassing, eh Willing?
Never, ever trust anything a Tory says. Then again you can't trust anything the UKIP-BNP brigade spout either. One correspondent to the Malvern Gazette this week has again repeated the lie about mass migration from Romania and Bulgaria. He states that "all airlines are reportedly fully booked" when it has been blatantly apparent that no such thing was true. All rather embarrassing, eh Willing? Karl Hunderson

2:52pm Sat 4 Jan 14

willing says...

DOEPUBLIC wrote:
Shameful politicking. The Olympics ethos championed recently showed that the UK can be proud of celebrating all cultures.
This has absolutely nothing to do with the celebration of all cultures, so please don't be so ridiculous. It has everything to do with governments that pretend to be democratic, whilst refusing to give the people they purport to represent a voice on an issue as impactful and undemocratic as the EU experiment. It also has everything to do with the fact that we are a small island, with limited space, a limited economy, and too few jobs for the 2.5 million unemployed British people already living here.

If you must comment on this major issue, try offering a view not based in hysteria and irrelevance, it's much too important for that
[quote][p][bold]DOEPUBLIC[/bold] wrote: Shameful politicking. The Olympics ethos championed recently showed that the UK can be proud of celebrating all cultures.[/p][/quote]This has absolutely nothing to do with the celebration of all cultures, so please don't be so ridiculous. It has everything to do with governments that pretend to be democratic, whilst refusing to give the people they purport to represent a voice on an issue as impactful and undemocratic as the EU experiment. It also has everything to do with the fact that we are a small island, with limited space, a limited economy, and too few jobs for the 2.5 million unemployed British people already living here. If you must comment on this major issue, try offering a view not based in hysteria and irrelevance, it's much too important for that willing

3:02pm Sat 4 Jan 14

willing says...

Karl Hunderson wrote:
Never, ever trust anything a Tory says. Then again you can't trust anything the UKIP-BNP brigade spout either. One correspondent to the Malvern Gazette this week has again repeated the lie about mass migration from Romania and Bulgaria. He states that "all airlines are reportedly fully booked" when it has been blatantly apparent that no such thing was true. All rather embarrassing, eh Willing?
No more embarrassing than revealing your own political ignorance by lumping UKIP with the BNP my friend! Also, not too embarrassing when all I did was believe the news reports.

You are quite wrong to single out the Tories for being dishonest, as the last Labour government and the Liberal democrat hangers on have also readily betrayed the British people over the EU experiment, and continue to do so.

Perhaps you have a view on why, in an alleged democracy such as ours, it is so wrong to wish to retain the UK's identity, one for which so many of our forefathers have sacrificed, or to want the people's voice to be heard above that of the Westminster bubble?
[quote][p][bold]Karl Hunderson[/bold] wrote: Never, ever trust anything a Tory says. Then again you can't trust anything the UKIP-BNP brigade spout either. One correspondent to the Malvern Gazette this week has again repeated the lie about mass migration from Romania and Bulgaria. He states that "all airlines are reportedly fully booked" when it has been blatantly apparent that no such thing was true. All rather embarrassing, eh Willing?[/p][/quote]No more embarrassing than revealing your own political ignorance by lumping UKIP with the BNP my friend! Also, not too embarrassing when all I did was believe the news reports. You are quite wrong to single out the Tories for being dishonest, as the last Labour government and the Liberal democrat hangers on have also readily betrayed the British people over the EU experiment, and continue to do so. Perhaps you have a view on why, in an alleged democracy such as ours, it is so wrong to wish to retain the UK's identity, one for which so many of our forefathers have sacrificed, or to want the people's voice to be heard above that of the Westminster bubble? willing

3:22pm Sat 4 Jan 14

MrBenggo says...

The Labour party were traditionally for the working class people of this country,then they reinvented themselves and came out as "new Labour"and seemed to lose their way as they let down the working class people of this country in a big way.
Instead of looking to increase opportunities for jobs they increased competition for jobs by the open door policy,and also put increased pressure on housing and the NHS.They also branded anyone who questioned the immigration policy,a racist or bigot,as Gordon Brown branded Mrs Gillian Duxbury whilst he was on the campaign trail in Rochdale.
The Torry party make all the right noises about immigration and that is about it.
The LibDems,are all for increased immigration.
The only party to actively promote stopping immigration from the start is UKIP.
As a working class person,I should vote Labour,but the Labour party has betrayed the working class,and as for the Torry and LibDems,not never ever.
The Labour party were traditionally for the working class people of this country,then they reinvented themselves and came out as "new Labour"and seemed to lose their way as they let down the working class people of this country in a big way. Instead of looking to increase opportunities for jobs they increased competition for jobs by the open door policy,and also put increased pressure on housing and the NHS.They also branded anyone who questioned the immigration policy,a racist or bigot,as Gordon Brown branded Mrs Gillian Duxbury whilst he was on the campaign trail in Rochdale. The Torry party make all the right noises about immigration and that is about it. The LibDems,are all for increased immigration. The only party to actively promote stopping immigration from the start is UKIP. As a working class person,I should vote Labour,but the Labour party has betrayed the working class,and as for the Torry and LibDems,not never ever. MrBenggo

3:54pm Sat 4 Jan 14

PrivateSi says...

When it comes to the NEXT INFLUX I really wasn't expecting a major rush this time of year... This SUMMER and next UNIVERSITY YEAR START will be the times when Foreign Labour Tells / Tolls on Brits...

Everything The EU did, from CSCS cards for Labourers to Pro-Foreigner State Work Quotas was designed to MIX NATIONS UP - Divide & Conquer wrecks nations...

Defend OUR SHORES and END All Wars of Foreign Invasion & OCCUPATION... Encourage RETIREES to move abroad to LIVE IN LUXURY in Developing Nations whilst we pay for their FAR CHEAPER HEALTHCARE on the NHS, too ease the Aging Population problem, People Importers...
When it comes to the NEXT INFLUX I really wasn't expecting a major rush this time of year... This SUMMER and next UNIVERSITY YEAR START will be the times when Foreign Labour Tells / Tolls on Brits... Everything The EU did, from CSCS cards for Labourers to Pro-Foreigner State Work Quotas was designed to MIX NATIONS UP - Divide & Conquer wrecks nations... Defend OUR SHORES and END All Wars of Foreign Invasion & OCCUPATION... Encourage RETIREES to move abroad to LIVE IN LUXURY in Developing Nations whilst we pay for their FAR CHEAPER HEALTHCARE on the NHS, too ease the Aging Population problem, People Importers... PrivateSi

4:30pm Sat 4 Jan 14

Karl Hunderson says...

willing wrote:
Karl Hunderson wrote:
Never, ever trust anything a Tory says. Then again you can't trust anything the UKIP-BNP brigade spout either. One correspondent to the Malvern Gazette this week has again repeated the lie about mass migration from Romania and Bulgaria. He states that "all airlines are reportedly fully booked" when it has been blatantly apparent that no such thing was true. All rather embarrassing, eh Willing?
No more embarrassing than revealing your own political ignorance by lumping UKIP with the BNP my friend! Also, not too embarrassing when all I did was believe the news reports.

You are quite wrong to single out the Tories for being dishonest, as the last Labour government and the Liberal democrat hangers on have also readily betrayed the British people over the EU experiment, and continue to do so.

Perhaps you have a view on why, in an alleged democracy such as ours, it is so wrong to wish to retain the UK's identity, one for which so many of our forefathers have sacrificed, or to want the people's voice to be heard above that of the Westminster bubble?
As usual the UKIP-BNP tribe on here get all upset by their association with each other and yet are happy to use the term Lib/Lab/Con as an insult. A quick search online reveals all sorts of links between UKIP and BNP. It's a further embarrassing admission on your part Willing to state that " all I did was believe the news reports". Which reports were these Willing, The Daily Mail's, The Express or UKIP's own diatribe of misinformation? If you had looked further than the end of your prejudice you would have easily found that all this nonsense was just scaremongering for political purposes - playing on the ignorance of the likes of G Dipper in order to gain votes. As for the UK's identity, it is not under threat from immigration as you would have us believe but I do feel that our forefathers might feel that it is threatened by xenophobia, ignorance and dishonesty.
[quote][p][bold]willing[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Karl Hunderson[/bold] wrote: Never, ever trust anything a Tory says. Then again you can't trust anything the UKIP-BNP brigade spout either. One correspondent to the Malvern Gazette this week has again repeated the lie about mass migration from Romania and Bulgaria. He states that "all airlines are reportedly fully booked" when it has been blatantly apparent that no such thing was true. All rather embarrassing, eh Willing?[/p][/quote]No more embarrassing than revealing your own political ignorance by lumping UKIP with the BNP my friend! Also, not too embarrassing when all I did was believe the news reports. You are quite wrong to single out the Tories for being dishonest, as the last Labour government and the Liberal democrat hangers on have also readily betrayed the British people over the EU experiment, and continue to do so. Perhaps you have a view on why, in an alleged democracy such as ours, it is so wrong to wish to retain the UK's identity, one for which so many of our forefathers have sacrificed, or to want the people's voice to be heard above that of the Westminster bubble?[/p][/quote]As usual the UKIP-BNP tribe on here get all upset by their association with each other and yet are happy to use the term Lib/Lab/Con as an insult. A quick search online reveals all sorts of links between UKIP and BNP. It's a further embarrassing admission on your part Willing to state that " all I did was believe the news reports". Which reports were these Willing, The Daily Mail's, The Express or UKIP's own diatribe of misinformation? If you had looked further than the end of your prejudice you would have easily found that all this nonsense was just scaremongering for political purposes - playing on the ignorance of the likes of G Dipper in order to gain votes. As for the UK's identity, it is not under threat from immigration as you would have us believe but I do feel that our forefathers might feel that it is threatened by xenophobia, ignorance and dishonesty. Karl Hunderson

5:42pm Sat 4 Jan 14

PrivateSi says...

@Karl Hunderson:

There are obviously lots of BNP supporters who've jumped ship to UKIP but UKIP is not a 'kick them out and persecute party', despite some of their more xenophobic spokespeople / Tory plants / SLEEPER CELLS...

You say that The UK is not 'under threat from immigration' - no - IT IS SCARED of and SCARRED BY uncontrolled, unpatriotic, 'UNBRITISH', 'UNENGLISH' immigration as EXPERIENCED BY THE MAJORITY, negatively for DECADES... From the offshoring of jobs abroad to the importing of Labour from abroad - whilst making it HARDER & HARDER for BRITS to PROGRESS (without more and more MONEY)... Cost of Education, Living, State-Bloated Tax Overheads, Insurance gone Socialist and stupidly expensive... Out of control, artificially pumped economy, WORK RIGHTS dissolved by 3RD PARTY JOB AGENCIES - often the most RACIST (anti-British more like) mass employers ever known to GANG-MASTERISM..

UKIP wants to SORT IMMIGRATION, not bully hard working foreigners who make the effort to learn decent English...

If Immigration had been a 10th of what it was in the last 20 years and we'd put more effort into freeing up Problem People to get trained up, without MILES of red tape we'd be a much more TOGETHER NATION. Unforgivable Blairites & Rabid EU Dogs slowly but surely CONNED their way to the top...
@Karl Hunderson: There are obviously lots of BNP supporters who've jumped ship to UKIP but UKIP is not a 'kick them out and persecute party', despite some of their more xenophobic spokespeople / Tory plants / SLEEPER CELLS... You say that The UK is not 'under threat from immigration' - no - IT IS SCARED of and SCARRED BY uncontrolled, unpatriotic, 'UNBRITISH', 'UNENGLISH' immigration as EXPERIENCED BY THE MAJORITY, negatively for DECADES... From the offshoring of jobs abroad to the importing of Labour from abroad - whilst making it HARDER & HARDER for BRITS to PROGRESS (without more and more MONEY)... Cost of Education, Living, State-Bloated Tax Overheads, Insurance gone Socialist and stupidly expensive... Out of control, artificially pumped economy, WORK RIGHTS dissolved by 3RD PARTY JOB AGENCIES - often the most RACIST (anti-British more like) mass employers ever known to GANG-MASTERISM.. UKIP wants to SORT IMMIGRATION, not bully hard working foreigners who make the effort to learn decent English... If Immigration had been a 10th of what it was in the last 20 years and we'd put more effort into freeing up Problem People to get trained up, without MILES of red tape we'd be a much more TOGETHER NATION. Unforgivable Blairites & Rabid EU Dogs slowly but surely CONNED their way to the top... PrivateSi

6:07pm Sat 4 Jan 14

Doogie 46 says...

"Never trust anything a Tory says..." what abject left wing rubbish!!! This from a man who is obviously a devotee of the party led by the "pretty straight kind of guy" (a misnomer if ever there was one)
If the likes of Jack Straw and David Blunkett are admitting they "might have got it wrong on immigration" you can bet they probably got it mightily wrong.
History tends to repeat itself, so based on the last time our borders were thrown open the influx is likely to be much higher than people like Mr Hunderson would like us to believe.(weren`t we told only about 13000 Poles would come here annually)
People like him also like to throw in the "racist" element when in fact the main concern over immigration, shared by a vast number of this country`s population is the sheer number of incomers regardless of where they are coming from.
Putting the number of British people working abroad into the equation is somewhat misleading - many are either retired to live in sunny climes on British pensions or employed by British or global companies.
We will know by the end of this year who has been scaremongering, lying, complacent , hysterical( or even truthful.....)
"Never trust anything a Tory says..." what abject left wing rubbish!!! This from a man who is obviously a devotee of the party led by the "pretty straight kind of guy" (a misnomer if ever there was one) If the likes of Jack Straw and David Blunkett are admitting they "might have got it wrong on immigration" you can bet they probably got it mightily wrong. History tends to repeat itself, so based on the last time our borders were thrown open the influx is likely to be much higher than people like Mr Hunderson would like us to believe.(weren`t we told only about 13000 Poles would come here annually) People like him also like to throw in the "racist" element when in fact the main concern over immigration, shared by a vast number of this country`s population is the sheer number of incomers regardless of where they are coming from. Putting the number of British people working abroad into the equation is somewhat misleading - many are either retired to live in sunny climes on British pensions or employed by British or global companies. We will know by the end of this year who has been scaremongering, lying, complacent , hysterical( or even truthful.....) Doogie 46

7:39pm Sat 4 Jan 14

willing says...

Karl Hunderson wrote:
willing wrote:
Karl Hunderson wrote:
Never, ever trust anything a Tory says. Then again you can't trust anything the UKIP-BNP brigade spout either. One correspondent to the Malvern Gazette this week has again repeated the lie about mass migration from Romania and Bulgaria. He states that "all airlines are reportedly fully booked" when it has been blatantly apparent that no such thing was true. All rather embarrassing, eh Willing?
No more embarrassing than revealing your own political ignorance by lumping UKIP with the BNP my friend! Also, not too embarrassing when all I did was believe the news reports.

You are quite wrong to single out the Tories for being dishonest, as the last Labour government and the Liberal democrat hangers on have also readily betrayed the British people over the EU experiment, and continue to do so.

Perhaps you have a view on why, in an alleged democracy such as ours, it is so wrong to wish to retain the UK's identity, one for which so many of our forefathers have sacrificed, or to want the people's voice to be heard above that of the Westminster bubble?
As usual the UKIP-BNP tribe on here get all upset by their association with each other and yet are happy to use the term Lib/Lab/Con as an insult. A quick search online reveals all sorts of links between UKIP and BNP. It's a further embarrassing admission on your part Willing to state that " all I did was believe the news reports". Which reports were these Willing, The Daily Mail's, The Express or UKIP's own diatribe of misinformation? If you had looked further than the end of your prejudice you would have easily found that all this nonsense was just scaremongering for political purposes - playing on the ignorance of the likes of G Dipper in order to gain votes. As for the UK's identity, it is not under threat from immigration as you would have us believe but I do feel that our forefathers might feel that it is threatened by xenophobia, ignorance and dishonesty.
I'm sorry, I thought I might be dealing with someone capable of reason, but you're clearly just another Europhile, anxious to sink the UK irretrievably into the EU experiment, and happy to subjugate the British people to the rule of unelected and overpaid Brussels bureaucrats.

Your pathetic attempt to pretend UKIP and BNP are not different in policy and belief confirms your own cowardice in the face of the very real concerns of those millions of British people who believe that in an alleged democracy, their voices should be heard, and listened to by those purporting to represent them.

I have no doubt that you don't read the Mail etc, but only those papers, perhaps the Guardian, which persuade people like you that your willingness to throw away all that better men than you and I built, is somehow laudable. The only dishonesty here belongs to liberals just like you, who readily slap your labels on any and all who do not share your own hypocrisy.

Good luck with your deluded version of democracy, and your EUtopian nightmare...you'll need it
[quote][p][bold]Karl Hunderson[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]willing[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Karl Hunderson[/bold] wrote: Never, ever trust anything a Tory says. Then again you can't trust anything the UKIP-BNP brigade spout either. One correspondent to the Malvern Gazette this week has again repeated the lie about mass migration from Romania and Bulgaria. He states that "all airlines are reportedly fully booked" when it has been blatantly apparent that no such thing was true. All rather embarrassing, eh Willing?[/p][/quote]No more embarrassing than revealing your own political ignorance by lumping UKIP with the BNP my friend! Also, not too embarrassing when all I did was believe the news reports. You are quite wrong to single out the Tories for being dishonest, as the last Labour government and the Liberal democrat hangers on have also readily betrayed the British people over the EU experiment, and continue to do so. Perhaps you have a view on why, in an alleged democracy such as ours, it is so wrong to wish to retain the UK's identity, one for which so many of our forefathers have sacrificed, or to want the people's voice to be heard above that of the Westminster bubble?[/p][/quote]As usual the UKIP-BNP tribe on here get all upset by their association with each other and yet are happy to use the term Lib/Lab/Con as an insult. A quick search online reveals all sorts of links between UKIP and BNP. It's a further embarrassing admission on your part Willing to state that " all I did was believe the news reports". Which reports were these Willing, The Daily Mail's, The Express or UKIP's own diatribe of misinformation? If you had looked further than the end of your prejudice you would have easily found that all this nonsense was just scaremongering for political purposes - playing on the ignorance of the likes of G Dipper in order to gain votes. As for the UK's identity, it is not under threat from immigration as you would have us believe but I do feel that our forefathers might feel that it is threatened by xenophobia, ignorance and dishonesty.[/p][/quote]I'm sorry, I thought I might be dealing with someone capable of reason, but you're clearly just another Europhile, anxious to sink the UK irretrievably into the EU experiment, and happy to subjugate the British people to the rule of unelected and overpaid Brussels bureaucrats. Your pathetic attempt to pretend UKIP and BNP are not different in policy and belief confirms your own cowardice in the face of the very real concerns of those millions of British people who believe that in an alleged democracy, their voices should be heard, and listened to by those purporting to represent them. I have no doubt that you don't read the Mail etc, but only those papers, perhaps the Guardian, which persuade people like you that your willingness to throw away all that better men than you and I built, is somehow laudable. The only dishonesty here belongs to liberals just like you, who readily slap your labels on any and all who do not share your own hypocrisy. Good luck with your deluded version of democracy, and your EUtopian nightmare...you'll need it willing

9:04pm Sat 4 Jan 14

Karl Hunderson says...

Will and Doogie, running of at the mouth with wild presumptions and unfounded, baseless accusations. Which is where this whole business started.
Will and Doogie, running of at the mouth with wild presumptions and unfounded, baseless accusations. Which is where this whole business started. Karl Hunderson

10:44am Sun 5 Jan 14

willing says...

Karl Hunderson wrote:
Will and Doogie, running of at the mouth with wild presumptions and unfounded, baseless accusations. Which is where this whole business started.
I love sad people like you Karl...when your argument (such as it was) is lost, simply revert back to more insults. Incidentally, I presume you meant to say "off" and not "of"?

Were you prepared to look beyond the pages of your Guardian you would find there are more people than Doogie and I on this site, let alone throughout the rest of the country, who share similar concerns about the lack of democracy in the UK, and the unfettered immigration from eastern Europe which is driving down wages, and keeping the 2.5 million unemployed British people out of the jobs market.

It is because of blinkered libertarians like you that the failing EU experiment has developed so successfully, even while its accounts remain unaudited, and Brussels struggles to engineer apparent successes where national economies have failed.

Your pathetic and ill informed closing remarks demonstrate your level of ignorance on the subject, but equally your determination to consider the fact that you are wrong. What's next...denying the holocaust?
[quote][p][bold]Karl Hunderson[/bold] wrote: Will and Doogie, running of at the mouth with wild presumptions and unfounded, baseless accusations. Which is where this whole business started.[/p][/quote]I love sad people like you Karl...when your argument (such as it was) is lost, simply revert back to more insults. Incidentally, I presume you meant to say "off" and not "of"? Were you prepared to look beyond the pages of your Guardian you would find there are more people than Doogie and I on this site, let alone throughout the rest of the country, who share similar concerns about the lack of democracy in the UK, and the unfettered immigration from eastern Europe which is driving down wages, and keeping the 2.5 million unemployed British people out of the jobs market. It is because of blinkered libertarians like you that the failing EU experiment has developed so successfully, even while its accounts remain unaudited, and Brussels struggles to engineer apparent successes where national economies have failed. Your pathetic and ill informed closing remarks demonstrate your level of ignorance on the subject, but equally your determination to consider the fact that you are wrong. What's next...denying the holocaust? willing

11:07am Sun 5 Jan 14

Karl Hunderson says...

I think you've gone over the top now, probably because you have no argument left. Your hypocrisy is staggering. You accuse me of reverting to insults when I haven't. In fact that is what you have done because cannot respond to the idea that you might be wrong on immigration. You rant on about what newspapers I read when you have no idea at all. This is typical of those who are trying to debate using only hyperbole without any evidence. Having been to Auschwitz I find your last remark disgusting and odious in the extreme but that is the sort of cheap comment I expect from people like you. If you had a shred of decency you would apologies for it.
I think you've gone over the top now, probably because you have no argument left. Your hypocrisy is staggering. You accuse me of reverting to insults when I haven't. In fact that is what you have done because cannot respond to the idea that you might be wrong on immigration. You rant on about what newspapers I read when you have no idea at all. This is typical of those who are trying to debate using only hyperbole without any evidence. Having been to Auschwitz I find your last remark disgusting and odious in the extreme but that is the sort of cheap comment I expect from people like you. If you had a shred of decency you would apologies for it. Karl Hunderson

12:52pm Sun 5 Jan 14

willing says...

Karl Hunderson wrote:
I think you've gone over the top now, probably because you have no argument left. Your hypocrisy is staggering. You accuse me of reverting to insults when I haven't. In fact that is what you have done because cannot respond to the idea that you might be wrong on immigration. You rant on about what newspapers I read when you have no idea at all. This is typical of those who are trying to debate using only hyperbole without any evidence. Having been to Auschwitz I find your last remark disgusting and odious in the extreme but that is the sort of cheap comment I expect from people like you. If you had a shred of decency you would apologies for it.
Wow, I had no idea you were capable of this amount of hypocrisy,,,incredib
le!

So "running off at the mouth", "UKIP-BNP tribe", "prejudice", "xenophobia, ignorance, and dishonesty", whilst your words, are not insults? How much of an insult do you think it is for a UKIP supporter to be told he or she is racist...just like a BNP supporter, when their policies are, contrary to your apparent beliefs, completely different?

You complain about my "cheap comment", but it refers to a remark I made only to illustrate the flimsiness of your argument on the EU and the way it affects the UK...to deny the holocaust is as ridiculous as denying the detrimental impact of the EU on the UK. I too have been to Auschwitz, but that has nothing to do with anything I have said.

Your hypocrisy extends further, when you accuse me of "ranting on" about what newspapers you read, "when you have no idea at all". Yet it was you who first made such a comment, when you said "which reports were those...the Daily Mail, the Express". So you can make assumptions about which papers I read, when you have no idea at all, but heaven help anyone who returns the favour!

You say that one can finds links between the BNP and UKIP by a little online research, but exactly the same can be said for the clear links between the Tories, the Labour party, and the Liberals, starting with the fact that just like you, they are happy to deny the people of the UK their right to a voice in the future of Britain's relationship with Europe, or the fact that you cannot get a straight answer out of any of them to questions such as, what is the upside for the British people in having an open door immigration policy, particularly at a time when our economy is in a trough, and 2.5 million of our own people are unemployed? Or perhaps, how can any country call itself democratic, when its ruling classes deny the right of a voice on major issues such as the EU, to the people they pretend to serve?

So where is your "evidence" in support of your position, as it is clearly something you value so much? You have yet to produce anything other than hyperbole...somethin
g else you appear to believe only others are capable of.
[quote][p][bold]Karl Hunderson[/bold] wrote: I think you've gone over the top now, probably because you have no argument left. Your hypocrisy is staggering. You accuse me of reverting to insults when I haven't. In fact that is what you have done because cannot respond to the idea that you might be wrong on immigration. You rant on about what newspapers I read when you have no idea at all. This is typical of those who are trying to debate using only hyperbole without any evidence. Having been to Auschwitz I find your last remark disgusting and odious in the extreme but that is the sort of cheap comment I expect from people like you. If you had a shred of decency you would apologies for it.[/p][/quote]Wow, I had no idea you were capable of this amount of hypocrisy,,,incredib le! So "running off at the mouth", "UKIP-BNP tribe", "prejudice", "xenophobia, ignorance, and dishonesty", whilst your words, are not insults? How much of an insult do you think it is for a UKIP supporter to be told he or she is racist...just like a BNP supporter, when their policies are, contrary to your apparent beliefs, completely different? You complain about my "cheap comment", but it refers to a remark I made only to illustrate the flimsiness of your argument on the EU and the way it affects the UK...to deny the holocaust is as ridiculous as denying the detrimental impact of the EU on the UK. I too have been to Auschwitz, but that has nothing to do with anything I have said. Your hypocrisy extends further, when you accuse me of "ranting on" about what newspapers you read, "when you have no idea at all". Yet it was you who first made such a comment, when you said "which reports were those...the Daily Mail, the Express". So you can make assumptions about which papers I read, when you have no idea at all, but heaven help anyone who returns the favour! You say that one can finds links between the BNP and UKIP by a little online research, but exactly the same can be said for the clear links between the Tories, the Labour party, and the Liberals, starting with the fact that just like you, they are happy to deny the people of the UK their right to a voice in the future of Britain's relationship with Europe, or the fact that you cannot get a straight answer out of any of them to questions such as, what is the upside for the British people in having an open door immigration policy, particularly at a time when our economy is in a trough, and 2.5 million of our own people are unemployed? Or perhaps, how can any country call itself democratic, when its ruling classes deny the right of a voice on major issues such as the EU, to the people they pretend to serve? So where is your "evidence" in support of your position, as it is clearly something you value so much? You have yet to produce anything other than hyperbole...somethin g else you appear to believe only others are capable of. willing

1:29pm Sun 5 Jan 14

Karl Hunderson says...

I didn't think you would apologise.
I didn't think you would apologise. Karl Hunderson

2:20pm Sun 5 Jan 14

pinkfluff says...

I would like to take this a step further and say never, ever trust a politician......any politician. I just do not believe that they work in people's interests any more-just their own.

Auschwitz? Wow that popular holiday destination must have passed me by.
I would like to take this a step further and say never, ever trust a politician......any politician. I just do not believe that they work in people's interests any more-just their own. Auschwitz? Wow that popular holiday destination must have passed me by. pinkfluff

2:49pm Sun 5 Jan 14

Jabbadad says...

Karl & willing, I know what anger is and so much being shown here , You both need to save some of this written energy and make sure that UKIP do well in the European elections and also that they gain enough seats in 2015 to make who ever scrapes enough to form a co-alition to dance to the UKIP tune. Which will be more representive of the UK than any false Cameron promises he repeated today on Andrew Marr show by saying "If I am Prime Minister in 2015 I will promies that there will be a vote on Europe" He did nt say a referendum and he skipped along past any other promise. The man lies so much he has to check to see which lie to make. Neither the Tories or Labour deserve another term in Office in 2015. They both lied to us they both betrayed us, So they must pay a similar pennance they have made all the people of Great Brittain pay over the last two Parliaments. And to give UKIP the casting vote would bring them to heel in a big way. Karl forget your recent dissatisfactions, swallow your pride and vote for this country not your own satisfaction, in other words BE A MAN.
Karl & willing, I know what anger is and so much being shown here , You both need to save some of this written energy and make sure that UKIP do well in the European elections and also that they gain enough seats in 2015 to make who ever scrapes enough to form a co-alition to dance to the UKIP tune. Which will be more representive of the UK than any false Cameron promises he repeated today on Andrew Marr show by saying "If I am Prime Minister in 2015 I will promies that there will be a vote on Europe" He did nt say a referendum and he skipped along past any other promise. The man lies so much he has to check to see which lie to make. Neither the Tories or Labour deserve another term in Office in 2015. They both lied to us they both betrayed us, So they must pay a similar pennance they have made all the people of Great Brittain pay over the last two Parliaments. And to give UKIP the casting vote would bring them to heel in a big way. Karl forget your recent dissatisfactions, swallow your pride and vote for this country not your own satisfaction, in other words BE A MAN. Jabbadad

5:11pm Sun 5 Jan 14

New Kid on the Block says...

pinkfluff wrote:
I would like to take this a step further and say never, ever trust a politician......any politician. I just do not believe that they work in people's interests any more-just their own.

Auschwitz? Wow that popular holiday destination must have passed me by.
Just remember the old joke
How can you tell when a politician is lying?
Their lips move.

Unfortunately in many cases this seems to be true.
[quote][p][bold]pinkfluff[/bold] wrote: I would like to take this a step further and say never, ever trust a politician......any politician. I just do not believe that they work in people's interests any more-just their own. Auschwitz? Wow that popular holiday destination must have passed me by.[/p][/quote]Just remember the old joke How can you tell when a politician is lying? Their lips move. Unfortunately in many cases this seems to be true. New Kid on the Block

8:16pm Sun 5 Jan 14

willing says...

Karl Hunderson wrote:
I didn't think you would apologise.
And I didn't think you'd be capable of providing the evidence you demand from others, or a cogent argument.

I apologise to people deserving of an apology...and you don't qualify
[quote][p][bold]Karl Hunderson[/bold] wrote: I didn't think you would apologise.[/p][/quote]And I didn't think you'd be capable of providing the evidence you demand from others, or a cogent argument. I apologise to people deserving of an apology...and you don't qualify willing

8:27pm Sun 5 Jan 14

willing says...

Jabbadad wrote:
Karl & willing, I know what anger is and so much being shown here , You both need to save some of this written energy and make sure that UKIP do well in the European elections and also that they gain enough seats in 2015 to make who ever scrapes enough to form a co-alition to dance to the UKIP tune. Which will be more representive of the UK than any false Cameron promises he repeated today on Andrew Marr show by saying "If I am Prime Minister in 2015 I will promies that there will be a vote on Europe" He did nt say a referendum and he skipped along past any other promise. The man lies so much he has to check to see which lie to make. Neither the Tories or Labour deserve another term in Office in 2015. They both lied to us they both betrayed us, So they must pay a similar pennance they have made all the people of Great Brittain pay over the last two Parliaments. And to give UKIP the casting vote would bring them to heel in a big way. Karl forget your recent dissatisfactions, swallow your pride and vote for this country not your own satisfaction, in other words BE A MAN.
I agree with you Jabbadad, but I will never stand by in silence when the ignorant and the liberals attempt to persuade others that UKIP have anything to do with racism, and I feel certain you will understand that.

Our country is what remains important, with an identity, culture, and heritage built over many centuries to protect, and not allow over paid and over reaching foreigners in the EU experiment to undermine it, or our own unrepresentative and anti democratic MPs to simply give away that which they are supposed to protect.

I will be working to help UKIP make a difference for the sake of our country, and its people
[quote][p][bold]Jabbadad[/bold] wrote: Karl & willing, I know what anger is and so much being shown here , You both need to save some of this written energy and make sure that UKIP do well in the European elections and also that they gain enough seats in 2015 to make who ever scrapes enough to form a co-alition to dance to the UKIP tune. Which will be more representive of the UK than any false Cameron promises he repeated today on Andrew Marr show by saying "If I am Prime Minister in 2015 I will promies that there will be a vote on Europe" He did nt say a referendum and he skipped along past any other promise. The man lies so much he has to check to see which lie to make. Neither the Tories or Labour deserve another term in Office in 2015. They both lied to us they both betrayed us, So they must pay a similar pennance they have made all the people of Great Brittain pay over the last two Parliaments. And to give UKIP the casting vote would bring them to heel in a big way. Karl forget your recent dissatisfactions, swallow your pride and vote for this country not your own satisfaction, in other words BE A MAN.[/p][/quote]I agree with you Jabbadad, but I will never stand by in silence when the ignorant and the liberals attempt to persuade others that UKIP have anything to do with racism, and I feel certain you will understand that. Our country is what remains important, with an identity, culture, and heritage built over many centuries to protect, and not allow over paid and over reaching foreigners in the EU experiment to undermine it, or our own unrepresentative and anti democratic MPs to simply give away that which they are supposed to protect. I will be working to help UKIP make a difference for the sake of our country, and its people willing

8:52pm Sun 5 Jan 14

Jabbadad says...

Looks like a NO-BRAINER there then.
So to all Voters DON'T DO ANY DEALS WITH THE TORIES, THEY CANNOT BE TRUSTED. And the "perhaps promisses" they are trying to make to we OLDIES over our pensions won't wash.
REMEMBER when they came into Office and TOOK AWAY / STOPPED £50 off the Winter Fuel Allowance, BUT still paid the £200 to their MIllionaire Buddies.
And to those on lower incomes and those in Social Housing the State Pension rise was taken away by maximum rent increases encouraged by this Government, plus a reduction in Pension Savings Credit, so became once again worse off
They also encouraged the end of Essential Tarrifs on heating, resulting in rises by British Gas of 18% in addition to other rises inflicted on us by the Energy Companies.
And Cameron during his term in Office has overseen a rise in food prices of over 30%.
NOW TORY POLICIES on APRIL 1ST 2014 are TAKING AWAY / STOPPING Supporting People Subsidies / payments monies which will immediately affect THOUSANDS in THIS CITY of the MOST VULNERABLE in SOCIETY.
And already we learn from a news radio report that a major Social Housing Landlord has served eviction notices to a THOUSAND tenants, some of who are working, but still qualify for Housing Benefit help, because they no longer get their rents paid direct to them, this is resulting from the STUPID actions of IAIN DUNCAN SMITH not to pay Housing Benifits directly to landlords, plus the affects of the BEDROOM TAX.
However it seems that the Social Lanlord who is evicting tenants on benefits says he will be happy to let to Immigrants who will pay more rent, (probably by over occupation, and double occupancy in same bed use ) IT'S Back TO RACHMANISM folks wasn't this during Tory control?
Looks like a NO-BRAINER there then. So to all Voters DON'T DO ANY DEALS WITH THE TORIES, THEY CANNOT BE TRUSTED. And the "perhaps promisses" they are trying to make to we OLDIES over our pensions won't wash. REMEMBER when they came into Office and TOOK AWAY / STOPPED £50 off the Winter Fuel Allowance, BUT still paid the £200 to their MIllionaire Buddies. And to those on lower incomes and those in Social Housing the State Pension rise was taken away by maximum rent increases encouraged by this Government, plus a reduction in Pension Savings Credit, so became once again worse off They also encouraged the end of Essential Tarrifs on heating, resulting in rises by British Gas of 18% in addition to other rises inflicted on us by the Energy Companies. And Cameron during his term in Office has overseen a rise in food prices of over 30%. NOW TORY POLICIES on APRIL 1ST 2014 are TAKING AWAY / STOPPING Supporting People Subsidies / payments monies which will immediately affect THOUSANDS in THIS CITY of the MOST VULNERABLE in SOCIETY. And already we learn from a news radio report that a major Social Housing Landlord has served eviction notices to a THOUSAND tenants, some of who are working, but still qualify for Housing Benefit help, because they no longer get their rents paid direct to them, this is resulting from the STUPID actions of IAIN DUNCAN SMITH not to pay Housing Benifits directly to landlords, plus the affects of the BEDROOM TAX. However it seems that the Social Lanlord who is evicting tenants on benefits says he will be happy to let to Immigrants who will pay more rent, (probably by over occupation, and double occupancy in same bed use ) IT'S Back TO RACHMANISM folks wasn't this during Tory control? Jabbadad

8:58pm Sun 5 Jan 14

Jabbadad says...

Willing and so will I be helping all I can just to get our country and control of our own civil rights back.
Willing and so will I be helping all I can just to get our country and control of our own civil rights back. Jabbadad

6:23pm Mon 6 Jan 14

pinkfluff says...

Jabbadad wrote:
Willing and so will I be helping all I can just to get our country and control of our own civil rights back.
Indulge me for a moment if you have the time please jabba. I am curious to know what civil rights you believe we have lost? Not trying to pick a fight, genuine interest.
[quote][p][bold]Jabbadad[/bold] wrote: Willing and so will I be helping all I can just to get our country and control of our own civil rights back.[/p][/quote]Indulge me for a moment if you have the time please jabba. I am curious to know what civil rights you believe we have lost? Not trying to pick a fight, genuine interest. pinkfluff

6:40pm Mon 6 Jan 14

pinkfluff says...

I read a story about Romanians selling perfume on the doorstep......but it's not really perfume but a chemical that will render you unconscious so they can enter your property and help them selves. That's scaremongering!! That's what is in the papers!! Personally I don't believe a word of it and I really did LOL at the absurdity of it.

Meanwhile politicians are ignoring the disharmony that immigration is causing in this country. Why?? because someone is profiting from it.

For example, there is a recruitment agency in Worcester who ensure non British workers get all of the available working hours. Meanwhile British workers are being turned away because there is not enough work for them, despite some British workers cycling for an hour to get to work. The bus service is poor and arrives two minutes after the shift starts, workers wont get paid for the first hour if they are I late.....I digress I know.

Now the reason why the non British get the hours is because the manager who own the recruitment agency also owns the property the non British workers rent. That is why politicians ignore how we feel because someone is profiting from this.

I expect this comment will be deleted but if the WN would like more information I am more than happy to pass it on.

Btw I don't think UKIP are the answer though, but I do feel something needs to change before it all gets out of hand.
I read a story about Romanians selling perfume on the doorstep......but it's not really perfume but a chemical that will render you unconscious so they can enter your property and help them selves. That's scaremongering!! That's what is in the papers!! Personally I don't believe a word of it and I really did LOL at the absurdity of it. Meanwhile politicians are ignoring the disharmony that immigration is causing in this country. Why?? because someone is profiting from it. For example, there is a recruitment agency in Worcester who ensure non British workers get all of the available working hours. Meanwhile British workers are being turned away because there is not enough work for them, despite some British workers cycling for an hour to get to work. The bus service is poor and arrives two minutes after the shift starts, workers wont get paid for the first hour if they are I late.....I digress I know. Now the reason why the non British get the hours is because the manager who own the recruitment agency also owns the property the non British workers rent. That is why politicians ignore how we feel because someone is profiting from this. I expect this comment will be deleted but if the WN would like more information I am more than happy to pass it on. Btw I don't think UKIP are the answer though, but I do feel something needs to change before it all gets out of hand. pinkfluff

8:55pm Mon 6 Jan 14

willing says...

pinkfluff wrote:
I read a story about Romanians selling perfume on the doorstep......but it's not really perfume but a chemical that will render you unconscious so they can enter your property and help them selves. That's scaremongering!! That's what is in the papers!! Personally I don't believe a word of it and I really did LOL at the absurdity of it.

Meanwhile politicians are ignoring the disharmony that immigration is causing in this country. Why?? because someone is profiting from it.

For example, there is a recruitment agency in Worcester who ensure non British workers get all of the available working hours. Meanwhile British workers are being turned away because there is not enough work for them, despite some British workers cycling for an hour to get to work. The bus service is poor and arrives two minutes after the shift starts, workers wont get paid for the first hour if they are I late.....I digress I know.

Now the reason why the non British get the hours is because the manager who own the recruitment agency also owns the property the non British workers rent. That is why politicians ignore how we feel because someone is profiting from this.

I expect this comment will be deleted but if the WN would like more information I am more than happy to pass it on.

Btw I don't think UKIP are the answer though, but I do feel something needs to change before it all gets out of hand.
You raise some interesting points, about which I was unaware...and some humorous ones!

I have to say however, that UKIP is the only political party that actually wants the voice of the silent majority to be heard, and heard now, and secondly, it offers the only solution to the kind of unfettered and unqualified access to the UK facilitated by the open door policy foisted on us by Brussels, with the back door collaboration of the other mainstream political parties in this country. Cameron makes sweet noises about temporary limitations to benefits access, and talks big about sending back home any Romanians or Bulgarians found begging or homeless on our streets (yeh, right!), but why does he not include criminals in that little speech?

The fact is that we have three main political parties in the UK who have steadily eroded our sovereignty and our independence, which was won over many centuries, and they have each conspired to deny those they pretend to represent, the British people, their right to a say in their own future. If not UKIP, then who else do you suppose will take the necessary action to stop the EUtopian nightmare we see unfolding?
[quote][p][bold]pinkfluff[/bold] wrote: I read a story about Romanians selling perfume on the doorstep......but it's not really perfume but a chemical that will render you unconscious so they can enter your property and help them selves. That's scaremongering!! That's what is in the papers!! Personally I don't believe a word of it and I really did LOL at the absurdity of it. Meanwhile politicians are ignoring the disharmony that immigration is causing in this country. Why?? because someone is profiting from it. For example, there is a recruitment agency in Worcester who ensure non British workers get all of the available working hours. Meanwhile British workers are being turned away because there is not enough work for them, despite some British workers cycling for an hour to get to work. The bus service is poor and arrives two minutes after the shift starts, workers wont get paid for the first hour if they are I late.....I digress I know. Now the reason why the non British get the hours is because the manager who own the recruitment agency also owns the property the non British workers rent. That is why politicians ignore how we feel because someone is profiting from this. I expect this comment will be deleted but if the WN would like more information I am more than happy to pass it on. Btw I don't think UKIP are the answer though, but I do feel something needs to change before it all gets out of hand.[/p][/quote]You raise some interesting points, about which I was unaware...and some humorous ones! I have to say however, that UKIP is the only political party that actually wants the voice of the silent majority to be heard, and heard now, and secondly, it offers the only solution to the kind of unfettered and unqualified access to the UK facilitated by the open door policy foisted on us by Brussels, with the back door collaboration of the other mainstream political parties in this country. Cameron makes sweet noises about temporary limitations to benefits access, and talks big about sending back home any Romanians or Bulgarians found begging or homeless on our streets (yeh, right!), but why does he not include criminals in that little speech? The fact is that we have three main political parties in the UK who have steadily eroded our sovereignty and our independence, which was won over many centuries, and they have each conspired to deny those they pretend to represent, the British people, their right to a say in their own future. If not UKIP, then who else do you suppose will take the necessary action to stop the EUtopian nightmare we see unfolding? willing

9:38pm Mon 6 Jan 14

MrBenggo says...

Willing,
you write "the three main parties in the UK have steadily eroded our sovereignty and our independence" and you are exactly right,UKIP. are the only party to speak for the silent majority.
I am working class and it is the working class who are suffering the most from immigration,and the reason MP's don't listen to working class people is that it is very hard to find a working class MP.
Willing, you write "the three main parties in the UK have steadily eroded our sovereignty and our independence" and you are exactly right,UKIP. are the only party to speak for the silent majority. I am working class and it is the working class who are suffering the most from immigration,and the reason MP's don't listen to working class people is that it is very hard to find a working class MP. MrBenggo

7:14am Tue 7 Jan 14

willing says...

MrBenggo wrote:
Willing,
you write "the three main parties in the UK have steadily eroded our sovereignty and our independence" and you are exactly right,UKIP. are the only party to speak for the silent majority.
I am working class and it is the working class who are suffering the most from immigration,and the reason MP's don't listen to working class people is that it is very hard to find a working class MP.
I couldn't agree with you more. A previous correspondent on this tried to suggest that UKIP is somehow linked to the BNP, which is of course one of the more clumsy ways UKIP's detractors attack and attempt to undermine UKIP and its supporters. The truth is the most similarities exist between the three main parties, and these similarities are not difficult to find are they? Most of their politicians are products of the privileged middle classes, and rolling off the production line of private and grammar schools, and political leaders like Cameron, Miliband, and Clegg are career politicians, meaning they have no experience of living as the rest of the country does, under the rules they make. Other similarities include their collusion in denying the right of a voice to the people of this country, on matters as crucial to our security, autonomy, and future as the cancerous EU experiment, add to this their failure to represent the very people they are paid to represent, and we no longer have a democracy do we?
[quote][p][bold]MrBenggo[/bold] wrote: Willing, you write "the three main parties in the UK have steadily eroded our sovereignty and our independence" and you are exactly right,UKIP. are the only party to speak for the silent majority. I am working class and it is the working class who are suffering the most from immigration,and the reason MP's don't listen to working class people is that it is very hard to find a working class MP.[/p][/quote]I couldn't agree with you more. A previous correspondent on this tried to suggest that UKIP is somehow linked to the BNP, which is of course one of the more clumsy ways UKIP's detractors attack and attempt to undermine UKIP and its supporters. The truth is the most similarities exist between the three main parties, and these similarities are not difficult to find are they? Most of their politicians are products of the privileged middle classes, and rolling off the production line of private and grammar schools, and political leaders like Cameron, Miliband, and Clegg are career politicians, meaning they have no experience of living as the rest of the country does, under the rules they make. Other similarities include their collusion in denying the right of a voice to the people of this country, on matters as crucial to our security, autonomy, and future as the cancerous EU experiment, add to this their failure to represent the very people they are paid to represent, and we no longer have a democracy do we? willing

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree