WORCESTER Warriors head coach Jonathan Thomas explained how a few "home truths" were shared at half-time during Worcester's heavy 47-22 defeat to Bath.

The home side were 40-0 up at the break after scoring six tries but a second-half resurgence from Warriors saw them take home a try scoring bonus-point after winning the second forty minutes 22-7.

Thomas admitted the young and inexperienced side on the day were not at it in the opening forty minutes and let themselves down.

"We were really disappointed with that first half," he said.

"We picked that team for a reason because we believe in them but they didn't do themselves justice.

"But they will take a great lesson from that and that is - you can't afford to feel your way into a premiership match. Some of the non-negotiables in rugby are emotion, physicality and intent, that hasn't changed in 100 years and that's what we didn't have first half. But when they corrected that at half-time they showed what they could do.

"We gave them a bit of technical feedback but most of it was to tell them a few home truths and told them they needed to show some commitment and mainly around how you show that, line speed, collisions. We gave them soft metres first half.

"But then we set them the challenge at half-time to score four tries and treating the game as nil-nil and win the second-half, which they did so we're happy with that but really disappointed ultimately, we let ourselves down first half.

"Some of these younger guys need to experience what it feels like to be in the arena and they will be better for that experience but a harsh lesson to take."

Warriors fielded a much changed side from last week's defeat to London Irish and a number of younger players were given a chance to impress, including 18 year old fly-half Fin Smith, who became Worcester's youngest ever Premiership starter.

Smith had a difficult afternoon but in the second-half showed what he was capable of.

"I don't blame Fin for that first half," added Thomas.

"he didn't get a lot of the ball and was defending most of the time but as soon as the forwards gave him a bit more of a platform, he showed what a quality player he's going to be."

Nick David was brought off the field in the first-half following a collision with Bath's Sam Underhill, that forced him off the field in what was the only injury concern on the day.

The tackle was looked at by the officials but despite there looking like a shoulder contact with the head, referee Adam Leal decided against taking any further action.

"I will just go on the facts and they are that he had to go off for an HIA and he has a sore head. I can't speculate on what exactly happened but I would say if you put two and two together, you would assume he's been hit in the head but obviously the referee has seen it differently and we will go away and have a look at it."