MALVERN Town came from a goal down to beat Exmouth Town 3-1 to end their run of eight league games without a victory in the Southern League Division One South.

It looked as if The Hillsiders were in for another frustrating afternoon on the road when Benjamin Steer put the hosts ahead just before the half-hour mark.

But the visitors fought back after the break and Annear's header brought them level before Hayes turned home Jack Watts' effort to give Malvern a precious 2-1 lead with 15 minutes to play.

There were some nervy moments late on, not least when Aaron Denny hit the bar for the hosts, but the points were secured in stoppage time when Annear fired home a third, much to the joy of the coaching staff and supporters alike. 

Much has been made of Malvern's performances in the first-half of games lately and it was a similar tale on Saturday, once again falling behind when Steer lofted the ball over Malvern keeper Archie Burford against the run of play. 

The visitors pushed for a leveller before the break but Annear had a header saved before Watts's goal-bound strike was cleared off the line. 

Into the second-half, Malvern looked determined to find a way back into the game and they did so in the 55th minute as Annear beat keeper Robert Powell to a cross to head home. 

Revitalised from the goal, Malvern went in search of a second and keeper Powell denied Annear another header with a good save before Watts fired over from close-range. 

Burford had to act quickly to keep Steer from restoring the hosts' lead and it proved to be a big moment as Malvern went up the other end and Hayes turned the ball home to make it 1-2. 

As the clock ticked down, Exmouth had a glorious chance to level when Denny hit the top of the crossbar in the 83rd minute.

At the other end, Adam Sauntson saw a towering header from a corner cleared off the line.

And then, deep in stoppage time, the points were made safe for Town as Annear's powerful finish found the back of the net.

Malvern move away from the relegation zone with just their second win of the season.