DAVID Kolodynski scored with the last kick of the game as Rugby Town booked their place in the next round of the FA Cup after a 2-1 win at Malvern Town in their FA Cup replay.

Kolodynski scrambled the ball home in the 95th minute after Malvern had failed to clear their line from a corner to seal a dramatic 2-1 win at The HDAnywhere Community Stadium.

The visitors had taken the lead via Jordan Wilson's penalty, only for Matt Turner to convert from the spot 60 seconds later to equalise for Malvern.

But just as they did on Saturday in the original fixture, Rugby struck a late, late blow to book their spot in the Preliminary round.

It was a quiet first 40 minutes, a stark contrast to the 10-goal thriller between the two sides on Saturday afternoon.

The visitors had posed the bigger threat in the opening stages and Tom Fielding spurned a couple of good chances to put Rugby ahead.

It took until the 40th minute for the game to really burst into life. Malvern keeper Keiron Blackburn rushed out of his goal and fouled David Kolodynski in the box for the first penalty of the evening, which was tucked into the bottom corner by Wilson.

But it was a matter of seconds before the host were level. A long ball forward into the Rugby box from the restart was about to fall at the feet of Harry Clark, but a blatant push in the back felled him and a second penalty was awarded, which Turner dispatched.

It was a measured start to the second period from both sides and it took 15 minutes for the first chance as Kolodynski’s low left-footed drive was saved by the feet of Blackburn.

And it would be the Welsh keeper who would again come to his side's rescue with 20 minutes to go as he denied Wilson when one-on-one after a through ball allowed the Rugby striker to go clear from his own half. 

The same player was involved in a big talking point with ten minutes to go as he clattered into keeper Blackburn as the latter collected the ball in the air. 

There was a lengthy discussion between all three officials before the decision was made just to book Wilson and a couple of others as an ensuing scuffle broke out. 

As the game wore on, it felt as if there would be one more chance for both sides and Clark had a glorious chance to win it, only for Hill to tip his fierce drive from eight yards tipped onto the bar. 

And that save turned out to be vital for Rugby, as a scramble in the box was not cleared by the home side and Kolodynski was there to slide the ball home and send the visiting fans wild in the far corner.