MARK Magee's late equaliser salvaged a draw for Malvern Town against the 10 men of Stourbridge in their pre-season clash.

Malvern's goalkeeper Keiron Blackburn's mistake was punished by Jaiden White in the 10th minute to hand the away side the lead.

The visitors had right-back Harry Lewis sent off for a dangerous tackle on Malvern skipper Lewis Platt in the 64th minute, but they rarely looked troubled whilst a man down. 

But in the closing stages, a free-kick into the area fell to the feet of substitute Magee, who could not miss from a couple of yards out.

The Step 3 visitors almost took the lead inside the first 60 seconds as a mistake in the Malvern backline provided Jack Fletcher with a golden opportunity, but keeper Blackburn smothered the shot.

Stourbridge dominated the ball and looked neat and tidy in possession but were gifted the opener as Blackburn passed the ball straight to White in the Malvern box before the striker gleefully lapped up the mis-timed pass and stroked the ball home.

The hosts were not at their best and struggled to create much, with their only real chance coming from a corner, which centre-half Joe Davies headed wide. 

The score remained 1-0 into the second-half before the game reached boiling point just after the hour mark when Stourbridge's right-back Lewis lunged in on Malvern's Platt with an ugly high challenge that could have done some serious damage.

It sparked a bit of a melee between both sets of players and the referee Harley Hetherington had little choice but to brandish the red card, even if it was a friendly. 

It ignited a competitive edge but with a number of changes made by both managers, the game struggled to get going again.

The away side did go close to extending their lead in the final 15 minutes when substitute Dexter Walters cut onto his right foot and fired an effort onto the post.

Despite their numerical advantage, Malvern struggled to make it count and rarely looked like scoring until the 88th minute of the game when a free-kick from Platt was knocked down in the Stourbridge area and finished off by Magee.