MALVERN Town recorded their second best league finish in their history as a Kyonn Evans brace helped them to an entertaining 4-3 win over Brimscombe and Thrupp to seal third spot in the Hellenic Football League Premier.

Matt Turner capitalised on a loose back pass to put The Hillsiders ahead early on before Evans scored two in the latter stage of the half to see Malvern 3-0 up at the break.

Brimscombe improved in the second-half and they reduced the deficit with just over 20 minutes to go when Harlie Price slammed home from sloe range after a superb Keiron Blackburn save.

Oliver Barnes then made it 3-2 in the 73rd minute as the away side got themselves right back in it but Ben Hayes looked to have made sure of the win ten minutes from time but Price made it nervy in the final stages.

A seasons best 563 were in attendance at the HDAnywhere Community Stadium to bask in the April sunshine and they enjoyed a dominant display from the hosts.

The game was not ten minutes old when Malvern took the lead as Turner capitalised on a loose back-pass to keeper Tom Clapp to take the ball around the Brimscombe shot-stopper and tap into the empty net.

Turner then almost profited again from some sloppy defending not long after as he pinched the ball in the Brimscombe box, but this time his cut-back was blocked away.

Keeper Clapp and Turner clashed in the build-up to Turner's first goal and both players received treatment before Clapp was unable to continue and it forced the visitors to bring Gavin Jones on in goal.

Up against it, the visitors rallied and Ollie Pitt went so close to a stunning goal as his 30 yard strike was tipped onto the bar by Keiron Blackburn.

Malvern were struggling to keep the ball but in the 34th minute they doubled their advantage.

Turner held the ball up on half-way before playing Kyonn Evans into space down the right and the striker carried the ball all the way into the box before a lovely outside of the boot finish into the bottom corner.

Town had established their ascendency by this point and they increased their lead six minutes before the break as Evans got his second after Turner's low cross was played back into his path by the unselfish Harry Clark for an easy tap in.

Brimscombe improved in the second period and Blackburn was forced into an early save and Lewis Platt had to do some heroic last ditch defending to keep the visitors out.

They got their goal in the 67th minute when a low cross was eventually finished off by striker Price.

Oliver Barnes then made it 3-2 five minutes later as Brimscombe found themselves right back in it but Hayes showed composure to slot home as Malvern appeared to have settled it.

But Price smashed one into the top corner following a corner that Blackburn couldn't collect to make it 4-3 and set up a grandstand finish.