A crazy final 20 minute period saw Malvern Town score five goals to register a thumping 7-1 win at 12th placed Shrivenham on Saturday.

The Hillsiders lead by just the solitary goal at half-time in their Hellenic League Premier fixture and just 2-1 with 20 minutes left to play but turned on the style late on to register their biggest league win of the season to date.

James Trimmins netted in the first-half before Dave Reynolds, Nathan Chowns Higgs and Kyonn Evans made it 4-1 in the second.

Matt Turner then scored three goals in the final eight minutes to take home the match ball and secured a huge 7-1 victory.

The result keeps Malvern in third, seven points behind leaders Bishops Cleeve but with two games in hand.

The early action saw Kyonn Evans test the palms of the home goalkeeper and generally Malvern were seeing plenty of the early ball but could not find their way past a stubborn Shrivenham defence.

Until the half-hour mark that is, when a magnificent cross from Curtis Smith was touched in at the far post by James Timmins.

The second period started with Nathan Chowns Higgs doing well and finding Reynolds who made no mistake from close range to double the lead.

Reynolds had an effort cleared off the line moments later before the home side went down the other end and took advantage of a slip in defence to reduce the arrears, Jonathan Peachey-Score with the goal.

The game was still in the balance at this stage but Town had chances to extend the lead through Evans and Reynolds before Keiron Blackburn had to be alert to save well as the hosts enjoyed their best spell of the game.

And then, finally, came the onslaught.

The third goal was added with 20 minutes to go when Chowns Higgs cut inside and left the ‘keeper in his wake as he slotted home.

Former Worcester Raiders' striker Evans got his name on the scoresheet as he lifted the ball home as the hosts finally ran out of puff.

The fifth goal soon arrived when the referee played a good advantage and Turner was able to fire home to give the ‘keeper no chance.

The closing stages saw Turner grab two goals in quick succession to add a couple of cherries on top of the cake, giving Malvern a convincing 7-1 away win on a wind-swept afternoon.