MALVERN Town's unbeaten League start was brought to an end with a 3-2 reverse at the hands of Westfields in an incident-packed local derby on Tuesday night at the HDAnywhere Community Stadium.

Town raced into an early 2-0 lead in the first-half thanks to a brace from striker Harry Clark but the visitors roared back to level matters before an 88th minute goal from Westfields' Luke Sylvester won it late on.

Both sides were reduced to 10 men in the second period; Paul Hurrell for the away side and Jay Saunston - as tempers boiled over in a heated derby but it was Fields who took the three points and condemned Malvern to their first league defeat.

It was a purposeful start in the murky conditions and the opener came in the sixth minute when Clark brought the ball down before firing low into the net.

As the visitors looked to hit back, Keiron Blackburn did well to deny Matt McDonald but, against the run of play, The Hillsiders doubled their lead as Reynolds fed Clark who made no mistake as he guided the ball into the net.

A strike from Matt Turner rattled the crossbar and as the ball rebounded towards Clark, he was unable to finish, whilst at the other end, Josh Hunt went close with a strike from outside the area.

On the half-hour, Jay Sauntson had to head clear under his own crossbar before Fields did pull one back when Joe Davies found the net with a powerful strike.

Good link-up play between Clark and Reynolds saw the latter denied by a smart save as half-time came with the scores at 2-1.

A neat move early in the second period saw Clark cut inside and deliver an inviting low ball that was deflected just wide in front of goal.

The visitors won a free-kick in a promising position on the hour following a foul by Jay Sauntson, but they failed to take advantage.

But the equaliser came shortly afterwards when Dan Stoneman beat Blackburn to the ball on the edge of the area to guide home.

As temperatures start to boil over, there was a second yellow for Hurrell after he was adjudged to have fouled Chowns Higgs as both went up for a 50:50 header with 67 minutes on the clock.

A goal-bound strike from Reynolds was blocked and then a free-kick in a promising position following a foul on Bates saw Clark drag wide.

There was a red card for Town's Jay Sauntson with ten minutes to go for a foul on Summers to make it 10 v 10.

As the clock ticked down, Reynolds forced a good save but it was Fields who snatched the lead with just minutes remaining as Sylvester curled home to spark jubilant scenes on the visiting bench and snatch the win.