SECOND-half goals from Harry Clark and Matt Turner maintained Malvern Town’s imperious away record and slim promotion hopes.

Town registered a 15th win in 17 West Midlands League Premier Division road trips by overcoming Hereford Lads Club 2-0 on Monday.

Clark made the breakthrough 57 minutes in, squeezing home a low strike.

The points were wrapped up 19 minutes from time when George Hayes cut in for Clark to have his shot repelled only for Turner to lash into the empty net.

The result saw fourth-placed Town move to within eight points of second-placed Haughmond and nine of leaders Tividale with a game in hand on each.

The champions go up with the nine runners-up that have the best playing records across the 19 leagues at the level joining them.

Hereford threatened first but Town scrambled clear at the second attempt.

As Malvern got into their stride, a flick-on from James Febery almost played in Matt Fusco.

At the other end, an over-hit back pass from Jamie Sauntson handed the hosts a corner which was headed just wide.

Malvern went close on the quarter-hour mark when a teasing corner from Clark was scrambled off the line as Adam Sauntson and Febery made their presence felt.

On 19 minutes a high ball into the area caused problems but Febery headed wide and then a free-kick saw Dave Reynolds’ effort dip over.

The pitch was tricky but Malvern tried to play their usual passing game and a slick break ended with Fusco’s inviting low ball cleared ahead of Clark.

Reynolds went close just past the half-hour mark before Adam Sauntson’s brave block denied Hereford.

Turner was thwarted by a save at the end of the first half before Malvern keeper Charlie Weaver was called upon on a few occasions in stoppage time.

The second period started with a Hereford free-kick headed clear before Curtis Smith was booked for a foul.

But Malvern got their noses in front on 57 minutes when Clark did well to make room for a shooting chance as his low strike beat the grasp of the keeper.

Town secured a two-goal cushion on 71 minutes when Hayes did well out wide before cutting inside and feeding Clark.

His effort deflected into the path of Turner who made no mistake to guide the ball into an unguarded net.

Hereford were almost caught out again late on when Reynolds’ shot on the turn fizzed narrowly wide.

Malvern gained revenge for a 4-1 home defeat in early March.

Town: Weaver, Webb, Smith (Noke 84), A Sauntson, J Sauntson, Febery (Salancski 89), Harris, Fusco (Hayes 58), Turner, Reynolds, Clark. Subs not used: Craven, Whittal-Williams.