JOINT-MANAGER Pat Locke was dismissed in Ledbury Town’s surprise 3-1 defeat to lowly Tenbury United at New Street.

Locke was asked to leave the field by referee Christopher Bounds after persistent protests towards official as frustrations boiled over in a heated Herefordshire FA County League Premier Division clash.

Ledbury were also hit by injuries to midfielder Charlie Jones and youngster Tom Cornock as they slumped to their first loss of 2019.

Proceedings started in a promising manner as Tom Boyle took the ball past several defenders inside the box only for his shot to be blocked by the keeper’s feet.

A volley from Curt Williams just outside the area then ended up in the Tenbury stopper's gloves.

Town continued their sustained pressure as Boyle saw another effort blocked before his header from a corner sneaked just shy of the far post.

But the visitors then took an unexpected lead with their first attack of the game.

A swift reply saw a shot from Williams met with a great diving save by the opposing keeper.

The home side then suffered a further blow when Jones injured his ankle following an attempted tackle.

Things were going from bad to worse for Locke’s and Dean Rutter’s squad as Tenbury slipped in a second goal.

But they responded well and reduced the deficit to 2-1 on 35 minutes when Sam Palmer-Young’s heels were clipped in the box and Williams netted the resulting penalty.

Locke was showing clear signs of not being happy with the way the game was being officiated, leading referee Bounds to have a word with him at the start of the second half.

Ledbury had opportunities to draw level as Boyle was denied and Palmer-Young’s long-range strike went wide.

Boyle squandered a further chance on 84 minutes when Williams’ corner skimmed the top of the striker’s head.

A furious Locke was then given his marching orders by Bounds before Tenbury bagged a third with two minutes remaining.

To cap a disappointing afternoon Cornock was forced off in stoppage-time as Tenbury ran out winners.

Town will now look to bounce back on Saturday when they host Holme Lacy (2pm).

Ledbury Town Reserves had far more fortune in Division One as they claimed a 6-3 victory at Hereford Lads Club Reserves.

Young strikers Josh Burns and Kieran Loveridge both bagged braces while Sam Branch, captain Mark Taylor and defender Callum Blackmore-Davey also found the net.

Nick Blakeway’s and David Butcher’s side take on Hereford City at the Greyhound Rugby Club on Saturday (2pm).