MALVERN Town enjoyed their fourth straight West Midlands League Premier Division win with a 3-1 triumph over Wem Town.

Wem's goal was the first Malvern had conceded in that run but the victory was comfortable enough ahead of Saturday's short trip to Herefordshire side Wellington (3pm). 

The fifth-placed HDanywhere Community Stadium hosts started brightly and after only three minutes had an effort disallowed for offside when James Febery headed in Louis Loader's corner.

Four minutes later Wem earned a corner and Malvern keeper Charlie Weaver was called upon to push the ball out three times as it kept ricocheting around before being finally cleared.

Harry Clark headed Malvern in front on nine minutes from Steve Webb's cross.

Two minutes later Matt Fusco shot past keeper Liam Caines but the ball went wide.

However, third-from-bottom Wem equalised on 15 minutes when a long ball was played to Tom Astley who slotted past Weaver.

A few minutes later Malvern's Ethan Moran weaved his way into the box and Caines parried his effort out for Fusco to eventually nod over the bar.

In the 33rd minute a poor throw out by Weaver saw Chris Peel pass to Jim Astley who shot over.

Just before the break Dan Noke played in Moran and he crossed to Loader but Caines saved with his feet.

In the 53rd minute a Malvern corner was headed by Clark but cleared off the line.

Three minutes later Clark robbed the defence of the ball and passed to Fusco whose volley ended up on top of the goal.

In the 58th minute a Loader free-kick was saved by Caines.

Malvern finally made the domination tell in the 70th minute.

Loader's corner was flicked up and into the net by Jamie Sauntson.

A minute later a Loader free-kick hit the bar and bounced out.

In the 78th minute Moran's corner was headed on by Clark but tipped over the bar.

Soon after a Clark shot from the right hit the bar.

Two minutes later Aaron Griffiths, who had only been on the pitch for five minutes, was brought down in the box and a penalty awarded.

Clark converted the penalty to make the final score 3-1.