FLY-HALF Jamie Rayfield scored his first hat-trick in senior rugby to help Ledbury overcome hosts Manor Park 32-20 in Midlands Three West (South).

After four weeks off for some players due to a walkover, a free weekend and a cup fixture, the boys in black and white were determined to hit the ground running.

Playing up the slope in the first half Ledbury knew that if they were in the game at half time they would be in with a chance of picking up four points.

Continuous pressure was being exerted by the Manor Park forwards whose pick and go game was evidently a strength, but it was Ledbury who struck first on six minutes.

After Cam Hunter, Rayfield and George Bennion linked up Jake Dyer stormed down the wing only to be pulled down five metres short of the line.

But the 18-year-old calmly looked up from the floor to find Rayfield who had followed his pass to dive over in the corner for the first score of the game.

Bennion converted from the touchline.

The game continued with the visitors repelling countless Manor Park attacks. But the home side soon got the next score as they drove over after a scrummaging infringement and a yellow card for Ledbury hooker Ed Mence.

More opportunistic play from Ledbury saw their backs stretch their legs and Will Lavergne go through a gap to grab a try on his final game for the club before he moves away with work.

Like the first half pressure from Manor Park was swallowed up by Ledbury defence time after time and silky interplay from the away team seemed to halt any more advances on the scoreboard.

That was until Bennion reversed the flow of play and picked off a disorganised Manor Park defence to present himself with a two on one opportunity before unselfishly gifting Rayfield his second try of the day.

Manor Park got two tries back but Bennion kept the scoreboard ticking as Ledbury led 25-20 going into the final 15 minutes.

The visitors then sealed victory with a contender for try of the season. After turning the ball on their own five-metre line, deft hands from a number of the Ledbury backs saw veteran Chris Stokes collect. Stokes then set off, beating numerous players, as he hurtled down the wing towards the 22.

Matt Hallett was on hand to receive the inside ball only for Rayfield to snatch it from his grasp and cross the whitewash for his treble.

Lavergne completed the scoring with the conversion as Ledbury received a confidence boost ahead of Saturday's home clash with leaders Old Leamingtonians.

Rayfield said: “I think it was my first ever senior hat-trick so I am a happy man. But I’ve got to do it again.

“Old Leam are a running rugby side like ourselves so it should be a good game.”