MALVERN Town Reserves came from two goals down at half-time to beat Tenbury United 4-2 in the Herefordshire FA County League Premier Division.

The second string made a purposeful start with John Griffin finding space on the edge of the area only to fire wide in the second minute.

Another low strike from Griffin was blocked in the next attack and Matt Pinder was denied by the keeper from the rebound.

Lewis Doyle fed Jamie Sauntson whose effort was saved.

But Tenbury opened the scoring with their first attack on 10 minutes, rounding keeper Ciaran McGee before squeezing the ball home beyond the covering defender on the line.

The visitors started to get on top with McGee making a few smart saves.

As the half-hour mark passed Town put together neat passages of play but were caught out again when a break forced a handball out of Andy Richardson and the resulting free-kick from the edge of the area was deflected over.

From the corner Tenbury doubled their lead as the ball curled into the net.

Town tried to pull a goal back before the break with Jack Cullity setting himself up for a strike that went over while Henry Dyde put in an inviting cross that the keeper claimed ahead of Griffin.

The early action in the second half saw Matt Fusco dance his way into the area only for his effort to be deflected into the side-netting.

Malvern looked brighter as a cross-shot from Jordan Preece landed just over before a corner saw Lewis Richardson guide the ball home to reduce the arrears.

Town levelled matters swiftly as a through-ball carved open the back-line and Warren Tonks beat the keeper before walking the ball in.

Fusco's powerful strike was deflected inches over and Jack Mack tried his luck from distance as the ball flashed wide of the target via a deflection.

Good build-up play involving Fusco and Tonks set up Richardson who was denied in front of goal.

Tenbury went close late on when Sauntson was alert to make a timely block inside the area.

But there was still time for Malvern to grab an 89th-minute goal as Preece stayed calm to slot home as he broke through.

A sweet strike from Tonks in stoppage time left the keeper motionless to complete a hard-earned victory as half-time changes did the trick.