BARNARDS Green suffered a rain-affected six-wicket defeat at Oswestry in Birmingham League Division One.

In the first of the 50-over games scheduled for the run-in, captain Ryan Tongue won the toss and chose to bat.

Green were bowled out for 239 in 49.1 overs with Adam Wiffen (67) top scoring.

Oswestry got home on 190-4 from 39.2 overs in reply with the help of Joe Carrasco (64) and Worcestershire's Joe Clarke (58) despite 3-43 from George Rhodes.

Runs were scarce early on with Green openers Ryan Tongue (14) and Rhodes (10) removed by Roman Walker (3-24).

Wiffen lifted the rate and a huge six over long-on brought up his 50 before he was dropped next ball.

Mahaaz Ahmaed (13) then fell to Warrick Fynn after a 60-run partnership.

Worcestershire's Josh Tongue hit some lusty blows and a four took Green past the 100 mark.

Charlie Morris returned to have Wiffen caught and bowled after his 68-ball innings included seven fours and four sixes.

Tongue and Josh Blunt got Green to 150 in the 37th over before the former was caught and bowled for 38.

Jon Dovey smashed 18 off 13 balls and Blunt followed for 24 to leave the visitors on 198-7 with six overs left.

Dannie Rees (20) and Jack Mackintosh (14) got Green up to 239 as Ian Davies took 4-50.

Green bowled in drizzle for quite a bit as a dampened pitch and wet ball hampered them.

Oswestry's total was well ahead of the Duckworth-Lewis target of 165 when the rain hit hard enough for the umpires to end proceedings.

The second XI also suffered a rain-affected defeat in Division Two South.

They bowled out Rugby for 193 thanks to 3-16 from Monzur Ahmed and braces from Lewis Regan, George White and Tom Banks.

In reply, Green reached 124-6 off 25 overs when the rain came with Josh Dickenson on 36 not out on his return from injury.

The thirds thrashed Worcester fourths by 10 wickets in Worcestershire League Division Seven.

Tight bowling from Ant Eyles and Ollie Davies restricted Worcester before wickets fell with two each for Roger Thompson and Sam Clarke and three for Owen Throup and Harrison Smith.

The Worcester captain's father turned out aged 81 and ended not out despite Harrison’s best efforts.

Green were set 149 to win and an unbeaten 150 opening partnership between Nick Davies (71no) and Chris Hill (59no) saw them home in just 20 overs before the heavens opened.

The win took the thirds six points off promotion with one game left against leaders Hagley.