MALVERN Town were denied victory at title rivals Black Country Rangers by an equaliser four minutes from time.

Les Jones' West Midlands League Premier Division table toppers remained four points ahead of their hosts after drawing 2-2 at Halesowen Town's ground.

Malvern, who visit Wolverhampton Sporting Community in the League Cup quarter-finals tonight (7.45pm), twice took the lead at Rangers in an entertaining game despite the heavy conditions.

Ben Birch headed over a 10th-minute free-kick for second-placed Rangers.

Town took immediate advantage one minute later when Josh Hunt ran into the box from Shaun Smith's pass and crossed for Kyonn Evans to fire home.

Rangers swiftly hit back and Malvern keeper Charlie Weaver was quick to save outside his box with his legs from Shaquille Leachman-Whittingham.

They equalised on 33 minutes but it took a 35-yarder from Russell Garner which flew over Weaver into the top corner.

Malvern went back on the attack and a home defender hit his own bar after intercepting Evans' pass to Hunt in front of goal.

The ball struck Rangers' bar again in the 56th minute when Evans turned his man and fired goalwards from Louis Loader's short corner.

Rangers keeper Todd Henderson gratefully grabbed the rebound but he was beaten again on 67 minutes when Malvern regained the lead.

Loader's curling corner found the top far corner of Henderson's goal.

Rangers would not lie down and Bradley Lawley hit the post six minutes from time with Weaver grabbing the rebound.

Malvern defender Adam Sauntson's header was just missing a final touch after Lewis Platt crossed into the box.

But the hosts levelled for a second time when Kieran Clarke weaved his way past two defenders, played a one-two with a team-mate, raced into the box and fired home.

Both sides battled to the end but neither could find a winner.   

Malvern under 21s travel to Fownhope on Saturday in the Herefordshire FA County League Premier Division.

They beat Ewyas Harold 3-2 last weekend to reach the Herefordshire FA Charity Bowl final with Yunus Giwa (2) and Max Bourne scoring.