MALVERN firefighters were called to a kitchen fire. 

Firefighters were called to an automatic fire alarm at a property in Avenue Road, Malvern, on 3.32pm on Sunday, November 26. 

A spokesperson from Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service said: "A fire involving a microwave was discovered.

"The microwave was completely destroyed by fire and there was smoke damage to a kitchen.

"The microwave was taken outside the property and advice was given."

Firefighters left the scene at 4.22pm the spokesperson added.