Fire crews were called to a Malvern street because of a burning smell.

Two crews from Worcester Fire Station attended Elgar Avenue at about 1.30pm yesterday (Wednesday, November 8).

A Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “A smell of burning was identified as coming from an external light switch and the fitting was isolated by fire service personnel.

“There were no casualties and no other emergency services attended.

“The incident was marked as pending closure at 2.30pm.”