EMERGENCY services were called to a house fire which turned out to be a faulty television. 

Two crews from Worcester and one from Malvern attended the fire at 8.50pm on Tuesday, (October 10).

A Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said the initial call-out was to a house fire with persons reported in Lower Howsell Road, Malvern. 

The spokesperson said: "A television was reported to have been smoking but this was believed to be an electrical fault and there was no fire.

"A full property inspection was carried out using a thermal imaging camera.

"Police and ambulance also attended but all persons were accounted for and there were no casualties."

Firefighters left the scene at 9.58pm.