FOR the second week running an alleged thief failed to turn up for his court hearing, despite magistrates previously having given him a final chance.

Andrew Wilcox, of Cowleigh Road, Malvern, had been due at Worcester Magistrates Court on Thursday, (August 25), to face several charges of theft from a shop.

Wilcox is accused of stealing from a Co-op store in Malvern:


  • Crate of beer and bottle of wine, worth £20.50, on February 22.
  • Budweiser beer and a bottle of Rose wine, worth £20.50, on March 21. 
  • 18-pack of Carling beer, worth £15, on March 13.
  • Budweiser 20 pack, worth £20, on March 16.
  • A bottle of wine, worth £6, on March 18.
  • Fairtrade Chenin Blanc Wine and a bottle of gin fizz, worth £14, on July 6.


Malvern Gazette: CO-OP: The Malvern Co-op store CO-OP: The Malvern Co-op store

The 63-year-old is also accused of failing to comply with a community protection notice by entering the Co-op store in Worcester Road, Malvern, on July 6.

Chris Aggrey, defending, explained to magistrates that on August 11 his client had failed to show up to a meeting spot agreed with a police officer, who was going to provide him a lift to court. 


'Andrew Wilcox is known to be erratic'


"On the last occasion magistrates were willing to give him another chance," Mr Aggrey said. 

"Unfortunately he is not here, and there has been no communication. He is known to be erratic.


READ MORE: Woman told she could be jailed for injuring a child

READ MORE: Drunk man assaulted girlfriend and drunk drove her BMW crashing it in a ditch

READ MORE: Andrew Wilcox case adjourned as he failed to turn up at court


"It is a fait accompli."

Sumreen Asfar, prosecuting, said the defendant needed to appear in court but had again not shown up, asking for a warrant. 

Malvern Gazette: COURT: Worcester Magistrates CourtCOURT: Worcester Magistrates Court

Kevin Lloyd-Wright, chairman of the magistrates bench, said they would issue a warrant not back for bail for Wilcox.

We reported last week that Susan Kitchener, the chairman of the magistrates bench hearing the case, asked Mr Aggrey what guarantee there would be Wilcox would attend the next hearing.

Mr Aggrey replied then there could be no guarantee but they stood the "best possible chance" with an officer keeping an eye on him.