MALVERN Town came out on top against local rivals Worcester Raiders last night as pre-season continued for both sides.

Following their 6-4 win in the charity fixture with Dads Reunited at Sixways last weekend, Raiders made the short trip to the HDAnwyhere Community Stadium to face The Hillsiders, who beat Stourport Swifts in their first game of the summer.

It was Raiders who took the lead early on when Isaac Cooper, a hat-trick hero on Sunday, fired home with the visitors' first effort on goal.

Both sides played with intent and Town, through the likes of Joe Bates and Harry Clark, troubled the Raiders defence without really threatening the goal.

But the hosts did level matters right on the stroke of half-time when Nathan Chowns Higgs did well in the build-up to allow Joe Bullock to curl home to make it 1-1.

At half-time there was a familiar face returning for the home side as a certain Dave Reynolds came off the bench to replace Chowns Higgs.

Striker Reynolds played the first-half for Worcester City last weekend in their first pre-season fixture against Cheltenham Saracens but his appearance for Malvern might suggest yet another move back to Town.

He was heavily involved throughout the second period and went close to marking his display with a goal shortly after the break when forcing the keeper into a good save.

There were still chances for the visitors; Cooper going closest when rattling the woodwork after Blackburn had saved well moments earlier.

The Hillsiders did, however, regain their lead on 57 minutes.

Reynolds crashed a long-range effort against the underside of the bar and it looked to have crossed the line but Harry Wickett was there to make sure, nodding it into the empty net.

Malvern had their tails up and were now on the hunt for a third goal and they got it when Reynolds’ stinging strike forced a corner that eventually found its way to Bates, who guided the ball home to extend the lead.

Raiders did find a route back into the game following a sharp break, as number 15 turned the ball home beyond the reach of Blackburn.

As the clock ticked down, Reynolds tried his luck from distance but was denied by a good save and the resulting corner saw Bates hit the post.

Reynolds was incredibly busy in his 45 minute spell and deserved a goal but late on was again thwarted by another good stop from the keeper.

It didn't prove costly, as Malvern held on for a 3-2 win.