A MALVERN mum is living in a Premier Inn with her five-month-old baby and away from her two eldest daughters after a kitchen fire on Sunday.

Lucy Wiggett, 27, was at the park with her children when a neighbour came to raise the alarm that her rented flat on Watkins Way, Poolbrook, Malvern was ablaze.

Pictures from the scene suggest the fire emanated from the cooker but Miss Wiggett said each of the controls for the hob had been turned off.

Malvern Gazette:

Hereford & Worcester Fire & Rescue Service confirmed one person, which Miss Wiggett said was a neighbour, had been treated by the ambulance service for "minor smoke inhalation".

The service confirmed Worcester and Upton crews had “used six breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets and one covering jet to extinguish" with "positive pressure ventilation used to clear significant smoke-logging”.

Malvern Gazette:

It leaves Ellie-Mae, who is about to turn four, three-year-old Maddison-Rose and Maisie-Leigh, who was born on Christmas Day 2020, without a place to live with mum and baby temporarily accommodated in a hotel while the elder two siblings stay with their father for a few days.

Miss Wiggett recalled: “I had headed to the park and gave the kids their food, we had just sat down and by neighbour came running through the gate to tell me the flat was on fire.

“At first I thought it was a prank but it turned out to be true, smoke was pumping out of it when I got back.

“The neighbours took care of the children so thankfully they were away from the worst of it but they are still traumatised and really upset.

“I have anxiety anyway and this sent it through the roof, I had a panic attack.

“It was really upsetting and so much to take in, my kids have been affected quite badly.

“I am so grateful to everyone that has stepped in to help me, I appreciate it so much and for fire crew for everything that they did too. They were great.”