TWO people were treated for smoke inhalation after their dishwasher set on fire in Malvern Wells.

Emergency services were called to a house in Benbow Close, just after 2am today (Wednesday, June 6).

A dishwasher had caught on fire in the kitchen of the property.

Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service crews from Malvern extinguished the blaze using a hose reel and dishwasher was removed from property.

West Midlands Ambulance Service sent a rapid response paramedic to the scene.

Two people had suffered smoke inhalation and oxygen therapy was given to one adult.

Precautionary checks were carried out on both adults and they were discharged at the scene as they did not require hospital treatment.