Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting MG NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Anderson shines in Bromyard triumph
2:20pm Tuesday 20th August 2013 in Sport
BROMYARD continued to press for a Worcestershire League Division One top three finish after extending their unbeaten sequence with a 68-run success over Droitwich.
Eral Anderson (82) and Dinusha Fernando (66) led the way with the bat as Bromyard piled up 261-7 from 50 overs.
Former Sri Lanka international Fernando (3-51) then underlined his all-round capabilities as, in partnership with Greg Leighton (4- 54), he helped dismiss Droitwich for 193.
- Tom Coleman (67) led another good Colwall batting display as they improved their Division Two promotion prospects.
They restricted Cookley to 192-7 and knocked off the runs for the loss of three wickets.
Second-placed Colwall are still 51 points behind leaders Harvington though.
- Basement boys West Malvern boosted their Division Four survival hopes with a four-wicket win over Bromsgrove thirds after amassing 301-6. Philip Chaundy (116) starred.
Barnards Green thirds are still second-from-bottom despite a fine eight-run victory against promotion-chasing Chaddesley Corbett.
- Hanley Castle and Upton are 10 points off the Division Five promotion zone thanks to a five-wicket success at Stourbridge thirds.
- The top score of the day came in Division Six where James Fortnam crashed 26 fours and one six in his stunning 161 for top team Canon Frome against second-placed Cutnall Green.
Andy Rogers (89 not out) and Mark Godsall (66) were also in the runs as the Herefordshire side hit a huge 362- 3. Luke Cottrell (3-13) then led the way with the ball as the nine-man visitors were bowled out for 135.
- Worcester Nomads lost their latest encounter by eight wickets at Bridgnorth.
Richard Henry scored 74 and Jace O’Hara 56 in Nomads’ 223-7.
The seconds lost to Coventry and North Warwick by five wickets at home in Division Two (South) despite wicketkeeper Tom Mills’ 53 runs.