Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting MG NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
9:00pm Tuesday 24th December 2013 in Villages
IT was great to get together to welcome the new residents to the village and to see the photographic display of Wellington Heath, Then and Now, put together by the Archives Society.
Newcomers were given an opportunity to discover the various activities and clubs that take place in the village and to meet some of the villagers and members of these groups.
So we welcome Gordon and Sarah Hunter, Tim and Lyn Lott, Ann and David Packman, Mike and Ruth Pope and their children, Jon and Edwina Bills and baby Peter: may your stay be long and happy.
- Intrepid members of the Walking Club braved the winds to enjoy a six-mile walk in the Ombersley area which turned out to be a seven-mile walk, thanks to Frank leading us astray. All was forgiven when the group tucked into a nice lunch at Broomfields Tea Shop.
- The Farmers Arms will be not be opening to the public until later in January when the new tenants are able to take up their duties here.
- Christ Church will host the Carol Service on Sunday, December 22, and the Christmas Day Service on December 25, both starting at 9.30am. If you haven’t attended church for a while, why not come along on Christmas morning?
- On New Year’s Eve, there will be a party for Wellington Heath residents at the Memorial Hall. After the buffet supper (please bring a plate of food and your own drinks and glasses and a donation towards the hall expenses) there will be dancing until late. At midnight, both voices and a toast will be raised to welcome in 2014. Contact Jan Brown on 01531 633135.
- VALERIE CLARK 01531 630257
Comments are closed on this article.