Lightning bolt causes roof fire



First published in News
Last updated

FIRE crews were called to a house near Malvern after a bolt of lightning cause a blaze in the roof.

Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service was called just after 3pm yesterday (Saturday) to a detached two-storey house on the A4103 in Storridge.

A crew from Malvern and Worcester used breathing apparatus and a hosereel to tackle the fire which caused superficial damaged in the roof space.

The lightning strike also damaged the circuits causing a fire in the fusebox in the ground floor toilet.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree