Campers injured as gas bottle explodes in Welland, near Malvern

Campers injured as gas bottle explodes in Welland, near Malvern

Campers injured as gas bottle explodes in Welland, near Malvern

First published in News Malvern Gazette: Photograph of the Author by

TWO campers have been treated for burns after a gas bottle they were using exploded.

West Midlands Ambulance Service was called to a field off Marlbank Road in Welland, Malvern at approximately 11pm yesterday evening.

Two ambulances, a rapid response vehicle and a senior ambulance officer were dispatched to the scene.

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: “Crews were called to reports of two campers that had become injured when the gas bottle they were using exploded.

“Ambulance crews treated a man and a woman believed to be in their 30s for burn injuries to their legs and arms. Both casualties were given pain relief at the scene before being conveyed to Worcestershire Royal Hospital for further assessment and treatment.”

Comments (0)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree