Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting MG NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
UPDATE: Hylton Road re-opened
THE busy A443 Hylton Road in Worcester has re-opened after being closed since about 11am while water pumps were installed.
The road was closed at about 11am this morning while Severn Trent Water re-installed pumps to divert floodwater from the road.
Roads throughout the county remain closed following heavy rain and the threat of further flooding including:
- The B4195 Stourport Road, Bewdley from the junction with Beale's Corner, Stourport Road to the junction with Westbourne Street.
- The B4221 Hanley Road and C2099 New Street in Upton.
- Walcot Ford from Pershore to Drakes Broughton.
- The B4080 Eckington Bridge in Pershore Road, Eckington.
- The C2002 Jubilee Bridge in Mill Bank, Fladbury.
- Shell Ford from Bradley Green to Himbleton.
- The B4190 Beale’s Corner in Stourport Road, Bewdley, will also be closed from 3pm until about 8pm.
The Enviroment Agency has issued flood warnings for:
- The River Severn at Pitchcroft, currently at 4.44 metres and expected to reach up to 5.2 metres on Saturday.
- The River Severn at Hanley Road, Upton, currently at 4.72 metres and expected to reach up to 5.3 metres on Saturday.
- The River Severn at Court Meadow, Kempsey and Callow End, currently at 6.2 metres and expected to reach 6.9 metres by Saturday.
- The River Severn at Hanley Castle and Saxons Lodge, currently at 4.74 metres and expected to reach 5.3 metres on Saturday.
For the latest on flooding and road closures throughout Worcestershire keep and eye on your Worcester News website.
Comments are closed on this article.