Chip pan catches fire after man fell asleep

(3716735)

(3716735)

First published in News

A fire at a Malvern home started in a chip pan according to Hereford and Worcester fire and rescue service.

Firefighters were called at around 1.35pm today (Wednesday) by a man who had left his Langland Avenue home because of a fire.

A spokeswoman from the fire service said: "We believe the occupier had put the chip pan on and fallen asleep. He was very lucky."

An ambulance was called but the man was not thought to be badly hurt.

Two crews from Malvern went to the fire and found the property smoke-logged.

The chip pan was removed and the home ventilated, while gas and electricity at the property was isolated.

Firefighters left at around 2.40pm.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree