A MAN who caused havoc across Malvern and beyond breached a criminal anti-social behaviour order two days after it was imposed.

The order - or CRASBO - was imposed on Gareth Forsythe, aged 34, of Wells Road, when he appeared at Worcester Magistrates Court last Friday, February 28.

But on Sunday, March 2, he showed up at the Nag's Head pub in Bank Street and drank a bottle of wine, which he then threw on the floor, shouting and swearing and refusing to leave.

He was back before the same court on Monday, March 3, where he admitted breaching his CRASBO and committing a public order offence.

At Friday's hearing, West Mercia officers said Forsythe had moved to Worcestershire from Ireland where he was well known to police, and he attracted police attention locally after approaching a schoolgirl in March 2013.

In June 2013 he was arrested in London after his behaviour on the Underground caused concern and in January this year he was arrested in Malvern after taking a bottle of wine off a shelf in Waitrose and drinking it there and then.

In other incidents, he abused shop staff in Worcester and Malvern, smashed a window at the Great Malvern Hotel after being refused further drinks, walked into oncoming traffic, and climbed onto the roof of Great Malvern railway station.

Magistrates granted a two-year CRASBO banning him from using foul language and threatening behaviour, and entering the Foley Arms, the Great Malvern, Ask restaurant, and Waitrose.

He also admitted criminal damage, resisting arrest and a public order offence from an incident when he jumped on a car and punched the windows.

He was given a 12-month community order with supervision and alcohol treatment programme, and ordered to pay £500 to the car driver.

At Monday's court appearance, the order was changed to 18 months, and the CRASBO varied to include a ban from the Nag's Head.

PC Dave Wise said: “Police gave Forsythe every opportunity to amend his behaviour. However he chose to ignore verbal advice and a formal warning letter.

“He could have been jailed for up to five years for breaching the CRASBO, and was extremely lucky not to get a custodial sentence.

“He hopefully has now realised that we are keeping a very close eye on him, and should he keep flouting it, he will find himself back in court and inevitably at some point in prison.”